2018/7/3: Super Nintendo: Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2018/7/3: Super Nintendo: Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 3rd, 2018, 8:19 pm

Here are two new SNES reviews for you to comment on. Pitfall is a re-review (D- to D+) but MMPR: The Movie is brand new.
Enjoy.

Retro STrife

Re: 2018/7/3: Super Nintendo: Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie

Postby Retro STrife » July 5th, 2018, 9:21 am

Your review of MMPR: The Movie made me want to buy it ASAP. Then I saw that it sells for about $30 loose!! Considering that every other Power Rangers game is dirt cheap, my guess is that gamers must have learned that this one is a hidden gem.

I wasn't a Power Rangers fan growing up, but my younger cousin was. And he had the original Power Rangers game for SNES, which we played a lot. You gave it a D, but I had a good time playing it growing up. It's probably a bad game, but I didn't know any better at that age. From your review and the photo, it sounds like MMPR: The Movie is similar to the original game, but much improved. That definitely made me want to try it, but at $30, looks like I'll be holding off for now.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: 2018/7/3: Super Nintendo: Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 5th, 2018, 7:28 pm

I used to think $30 for a loose SNES cartridge was expensive, but nowadays it seems to be becoming the norm.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » July 6th, 2018, 9:16 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:I used to think $30 for a loose SNES cartridge was expensive, but nowadays it seems to be becoming the norm.

That's for sure. I made a spreadsheet of my SNES games last year, with values, and was shocked how much they had increased since buying them. It's even worse for CIB games. Around 10 years ago, I sold a bunch of rare CIB games for around $20 each on ebay... I looked them up recently and several were now worth $200 or more. And sealed games.. forget it. Those can go for hundreds or thousands, especially if two collectors make competing bids on the same game. I've seen common games sell for $500 easy if they're factory sealed. It's crazy. Looking at charts on PriceCharting.com though, it seems that SNES prices have now finally plateaued over the past couple years.

That said, not sure if I can justify $30 for a Power Rangers game. But if it's similar to the first Power Rangers SNES beat em up, then maybe I can justify it on nostalgia grounds.

Hagane

Postby Hagane » July 13th, 2018, 1:06 pm

Power Rangers The Movie is really a good game, the multiplayer is even better, a B grade is about right I guess.

Return to “Review Feedback”