Nintendo has done it Again, For the greater good.

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
TheBlondeGamePunk3

Nintendo has done it Again, For the greater good.

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » August 9th, 2018, 11:52 am

My my my.. Nintendo's Smash Direct yesterday had some info that had retro gamers quaking in their seats and info that us modern gamers will enjoy for many years to come:Apparently Nintendo is being serious about this game be the "Ultimate Smash Bros Experience".

The Direct posted four trailers of characters:Dark Samus, An Echo fighter of Samus, Chrom, An Echo fighter of Ike from Fire Emblem, Simon & Ritcher of Castlevania, and King K.Rool of DKC fame, in addition there was talk of more new items such as the Banana gun and the Staff from Castlevania and the interesting news was that SSBU will have the largest music collection ever in the series history with 900 music tracks or 28 hours of music. :shock:

I will be getting a switch this December if nothing more to see just what Sakurai and Nintendo give us on December 7th, I do like the idea of all this content and with us just starting with the first 12 original characters:Mario, Pikachu, Link, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Jigglypuff, Samus, Fox, Captain Falcon, Ness, and Luigi it will be a challenge but an amazing challenge to unlock everything. Kinda like Melee but multiplied times 10 :idea:

Sonicx9

Re: Nintendo has done it Again, For the greater good.

Postby Sonicx9 » August 9th, 2018, 2:30 pm

TheBlondeGamePunk3 wrote:My my my.. Nintendo's Smash Direct yesterday had some info that had retro gamers quaking in their seats and info that us modern gamers will enjoy for many years to come:Apparently Nintendo is being serious about this game be the "Ultimate Smash Bros Experience".

The Direct posted four trailers of characters:Dark Samus, An Echo fighter of Samus, Chrom, An Echo fighter of Ike from Fire Emblem, Simon & Ritcher of Castlevania, and King K.Rool of DKC fame, in addition there was talk of more new items such as the Banana gun and the Staff from Castlevania and the interesting news was that SSBU will have the largest music collection ever in the series history with 900 music tracks or 28 hours of music. :shock:

I will be getting a switch this December if nothing more to see just what Sakurai and Nintendo give us on December 7th, I do like the idea of all this content and with us just starting with the first 12 original characters:Mario, Pikachu, Link, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Jigglypuff, Samus, Fox, Captain Falcon, Ness, and Luigi it will be a challenge but an amazing challenge to unlock everything. Kinda like Melee but multiplied times 10 :idea:

In my opinion, this is the proper next gen Smash Bros. game, not the lame 2014 one where we lost Ice Climbers and transformation characters features just for 3DS which is dumb in itself. Also the 3DS version hurt the sales of Wii U because of its interference which is lame in itself. Glad they learned and are going all out like they should do in the first place!

Voor

Postby Voor » August 9th, 2018, 5:31 pm

I’m only a casual fan, but I admire the series. Wow, Ultimate is the right word. They’ve packed EVERYTHING into the games—fighters, stages, stage morphs, custom everything, new modes (I like that “smash down” one), Music.

Part of me wonders if this will be the last one made.

I haven’t been too tempted to get a Switch, but the Smash bundle is calling me....

I’m gonna pick up the Wii version this week and see what the kids think of it....

TheBlondeGamePunk3

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » August 11th, 2018, 9:45 am

What appeals to me, As a longtime Melee player is the fact you can use an Gamecube Controller on the Switch along with the Wii U's Gamecube Controller Adapter (Interestingly, This mega bundle going around rumors will contain the switch, the joy cons, the game, the gamecube controller/adapter, and a special T-shirt of the smash logo)

Not sure, If i'll tackle other Switch games as my intent was to stick with SSBU and play it to death much like the other smash games I played.

Return to “Modern Gaming”