Madden Tournament Shooting

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Madden Tournament Shooting

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 29th, 2018, 9:26 pm

On the gun application there was a question whether he had even been in a mental institution, but he answered no. Not sure it would have mattered much either way. Could have raised a flag maybe.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » August 29th, 2018, 9:48 pm

Something tells me he planned this. I've thrown my controller out of frustration playing Madden before. But that was right then and there after I got torched by Aaron Rodgers. If I had to go out to the parking lot, unlock my car, reach into my car, lock my car again, then go back inside in order to throw my controller, I would have calmed down enough after all that to the point where I would not have thrown my controller.

And this over a stupid game of Madden! I have never heard of a more stupid, asinine reason for anyone to die over!

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » August 29th, 2018, 11:09 pm

I recollect, a mere 6 short years ago, a British fellow (Piers Morgan?) on CNN was a very vocal critic of guns. I remember an episode where he was interviewing a celebrity/politician (might have been Jesse Ventura) whom was pro gun and asked a CNN audience to show their hands in favor of gun control/ban. They all were pro Jesse. Nowadays, it would be unthinkable that this would happen on any entertainment/news channel. What has happened in 6 short years?

The gun control advocates, the media, some politicians, have reached near hysteria. They have definitely spooked many folks that drift politically towards left center, center, center right, and right. The louder they shout and the more vapid the virtue signalling / political platitudes, the quicker gun stores run out of ammo and the quicker AR15's sell.

As an afterthought, many of the guns in USA are owned by the country dwelling folks and small townsfolk. Been a while since I read about a god fearing hard working dad of two from a town of 20,000 going on a gun rampage. I am sure it happens but more often it is an emo kid with mental issues, a bullied online teen, or a straight up religious/political extremist.

Return to “Video Games General”