The Crew 2, A misunderstood Racing Game?

General and high profile video game topics.
TheBlondeGamePunk3

The Crew 2, A misunderstood Racing Game?

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » August 31st, 2018, 11:03 am

So far, The Crew 2 is decent for me, I pre-ordered it the "Gold Edition" which gave me a lot of vehicles that only the season pass owners could get 7 days early and for all it's worth almost $100 it is much more gratifying and playable than any NFS game in my book.. I mainly enjoy free-driving all over the USA or flying in my planes and what's made it better to me? Is the fact one can have custom liveries and I kinda went overboard with that (haha..)

I know that The Crew 2 itself came out four days after a beta test which was a bad sign for many people but I guess Ubisoft does things that we can't understand.. It may not be as big as the first crew game but I'm sure that overtime It will become good enough for anyone. Speaking of which, September 26th is it's first of the many planned free updates which will come out in addition to it's monthly vehicle drop for Season pass players. The update? Adds in a 5th race family dedicated to Hovercraft (after many showed extreme liking to that "ultimate vehicle" the freestyle rival gives you when you defeat them, it also adds in a new off-road vehicle, gives live events, and will address the rubber-band A.I. (my only complaint of the game).

Is The Crew 2 going to be good to you? Or will it be average? I'm generally leaning towards average but it is special to me in a few ways.. 8-)

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: The Crew 2, A misunderstood Racing Game?

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 1st, 2018, 9:29 am

Does it have an offline mode?

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » September 1st, 2018, 10:20 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Does it have an offline mode?

Nope, it's a 100% online multiplayer game.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » September 4th, 2018, 7:57 am

I have the crew 1. I got it free with Games with gold. I played it for 10 minutes while it said "we are getting the crew together". When I realised in was online only I deleted it and have never played it again.

For part 2, I hear it is mp online only. I hear it was shipped with game breaking bugs.

I plan not to support Ubisoft with their drive to make everything MP only. So I will not be touching this game.

TheBlondeGamePunk3

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » September 7th, 2018, 7:27 am

It's not an offline game, But it appear Ubisoft might add an offline mode as part of an upcoming update and hopefully that will give the single player gamers a place to rest.

Return to “Video Games General”