Nvidia Switchforce port incoming!

General and high profile video game topics.
Sonicx9

Nvidia Switchforce port incoming!

Postby Sonicx9 » September 12th, 2018, 5:48 pm

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/09/12/o ... o-switch/'

Fun Fact this game was made with Nvidia GPU tech in mind, original Xbox, PS3, PC with Geforce GPU tech, Android devices with Tegra chip set, and the Ouya, that Ouya!

Anyways any other Nvidia Switchforce 3rd party ports you want to see the rule is original Xbox, PS3, PC with Geforce GPU tech optimization in mind, Android devices with Tegra chip set, and/or the Ouya. After all games developed with the PS3 in mind such as Shining Resonance (Japan only) got a remastered port on the Nintendo Switch under the name Shining Resonance Refrain with the same GPU tech so just how much old underling GPU tech from PS3/original Xbox DNA lives on. The only difference is Switch is ARM based CPU tech (GBA, DS, 3DS, PS Vita, iOS, Android, etc.) compared to original Xbox (X86 32 Intel Pentium III and older version of X86 64 which is AMD based on PS4/Xbox One), and PowerPC based (GameCube, Wii, Wii U, Xbox 360, PS3 (custom Cell based)). And it is weird because the CPU is where porting goes into play, especially sense the Xbox One backwards compatibility needs to convert PowerPC code to X86 64 AMD to function.: http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/10/23/ ... patibility.

Thoughts on the announcement and what ports you want from 3rd party that are Nvidia GPU tech in mind systems?

ptdebate

Re: Nvidia Switchforce port incoming!

Postby ptdebate » September 12th, 2018, 8:41 pm

Doesn't this undermine your previous point that last-gen development standards undermined current-gen titles because of the difference in the underlying technology?

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » September 12th, 2018, 11:10 pm

ptdebate wrote:Doesn't this undermine your previous point that last-gen development standards undermined current-gen titles because of the difference in the underlying technology?

Let me explain, if it old remastered last gen root games that where developed with last gen or older first getting remastered ports like this long after are years later, I am fine with that because they did not have the higher next-gen standards when they where developing the game. It only if they are doing day and date/near release I have a much bigger problem especially if they did game play/content parity to make sure the ports are close enough, then the games suffers unless the developers do gameplay features/content not possible like Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor famous Nemesis System which was ruined in the last gen versions, because if you noticed many of the cross-gen/handheld version of early life PS4/Xbox One games, and even Wii U to a smaller degree had ports for the PS3/Xbox 360/3DS/PS Vita and most of them where identical to the bigger more advance systems save for a few exceptions here and their like Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor case being a notable example. Which made people question the so called next gen systems early in the lifetime and it showed in most games, especially the many big games such as Destiny 1, Watch Dogs 1, Mighty No. 9, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Telltale Games, Metal Gear Solid V games, Super Smash Bros. 4 aka 2014 aka for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 1, Thief 2014, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness (had a Japan only PS3 port is why the game suffers),I Am Setsuna (had a Japan only Vita version also why the game suffers), Rise of the Tomb Raider, early Call of Duty and/or Battlefield games for the PS4/Xbox One gen, Titanfall 1, Valkyria Revolution, etc. Also worth mentioning is some cross-gen/handheld versions even messed up PC ports like Dead or Alive 5 Last Round: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_or_A ... PC_version because of the PS3/Xbox 360 version was involved so they ported the wrong version on PC and never fixed it even with mods, so now you understand where I am talking about? Thank god many of them have learned to drop last gen/handheld versions later on to deliver proper next gen games, but it was not until late 2016/2017 onward they started doing this examples include Destiny 2,Watch Dogs 2, Telltale Games in 2018 onward,Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Dragon Ball Xenoverse and FighterZ, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, later Call of Duty and/or Battlefield games for the PS4/Xbox One gen, Titanfall 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4, LOST SPHEAR, etc. All are night and day compared to the former's because they where able to go all out with the next gen tech without major limitations and boy does it show.

Yes their are exceptions that can still migrate over to the older systems because that has always happen examples being annual sports/Music games, kiddy shovelware games especially license titles, 2D sprite based games, indies that are lower end and less ambitious, games with low end 3D graphics, etc. But many of those games mention above are bigger/more ambitious which is why many of them suffered and it shows.

I am glad that some devs where smart enough to drop last gen/handheld versions when they did not want their next gen vision to be messed up examples include Dying Light, Mad Max 2015 game, City Shrouded in Shadow (Japan only game that had a PS Vita version planed at one time, but was later canceled when they wanted to go all next gen), Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (thank god that Koji Igarashi did not go down the Keiji Inafune/Mighty No. 9 rout because it would have been a huge disaster.)

Agree/Disagree, need more clarification/information, etc. Please let me know as I will response more if you need more info ok?

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » September 13th, 2018, 11:41 am

So now that current-gen releases have no more connection to 7th-generation hardware, are you satisfied with how they are utilizing the features of more advanced 8th-generation hardware? What are the differences? How, specifically, can you tell a game was hampered by releasing on multiple generations of hardware versus exclusively current-gen?

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » September 13th, 2018, 1:27 pm

ptdebate wrote:So now that current-gen releases have no more connection to 7th-generation hardware, are you satisfied with how they are utilizing the features of more advanced 8th-generation hardware? What are the differences? How, specifically, can you tell a game was hampered by releasing on multiple generations of hardware versus exclusively current-gen?

Here is proof from devs/ex devs via articles.:

http://www.inquisitr.com/4435607/dragon ... t-gen/amp/

https://wccftech.com/dragon-age-boss-in ... ollow/amp/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin ... d-ps3/amp/

https://segmentnext.com/2016/09/07/how- ... ete-story/

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/0 ... smash_bros

https://nintendoeverything.com/sakurai- ... nline-lag/

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/20 ... -sakaguchi

When you have them admitted it via these links, you know of signs that they had to cut corners just to aplease the weaker systems which is both unfair for the more powerful hardware, but also makes you question the so called power next gen hardware. And mind you, they never did this in the past like this, and it made the 8th gen during the first 2 to 3 years range look very unimpressive and it shows.

That is why I am glad some companies such as CD Projekt Red for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt did what they did because the game would have never lived up to it potential and it shows.

Agree/Disagree, need more clarification/information, etc. Please let me know as I will response more if you need more info ok?

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » September 13th, 2018, 5:46 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:Agree/Disagree, need more clarification/information, etc. Please let me know as I will response more if you need more info ok?

It would make for more interesting discussion if you would construct an argument using the evidence rather than just posting links. What is it from the articles that informs your opinion? What specific facts and examples?

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » September 13th, 2018, 9:48 pm

ptdebate wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:Agree/Disagree, need more clarification/information, etc. Please let me know as I will response more if you need more info ok?

It would make for more interesting discussion if you would construct an argument using the evidence rather than just posting links. What is it from the articles that informs your opinion? What specific facts and examples?

It explains what went wrong, how last gen/handheld placement effected the games development, and other behind-the-scenes info if you read the info, it informative and explains what happens.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » September 13th, 2018, 11:57 pm

ptdebate wrote:

You should know by now that Sonic doesn't have opinions of his own, just other people's regurgitated opinions. That's why he keeps telling us the Critic agrees with him, because it can't be his opinion if he's the only one who has it.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » September 14th, 2018, 7:19 pm

Sonic if You don't mind me asking how old are You?

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » September 14th, 2018, 8:06 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:
ptdebate wrote:

You should know by now that Sonic doesn't have opinions of his own, just other people's regurgitated opinions. That's why he keeps telling us the Critic agrees with him, because it can't be his opinion if he's the only one who has it.

The problem is my opinions are insecure so I do that unfortunately.

Return to “Video Games General”