NES Classic Edition Review

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

NES Classic Edition Review

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 23rd, 2018, 5:20 pm

Let me know what you think! Sorry it's so late. Hopefully I'll post the SNES Classic review soon.

https://videogamecritic.com/extras/revi ... lassic.htm

BlasteroidAli

Re: NES Classic Edition Review

Postby BlasteroidAli » September 23rd, 2018, 8:49 pm

Good review. I was never a fan of the original system. Only 2 games float my boat in the collection, gradius aka Nemesis and Balloon fight. As such I will probably avoid it and maybe play them on emulation via the Raspberry pi I bought the other day.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » September 23rd, 2018, 9:39 pm

Good review. For posterity's sake you could mention that it is now super easy to hack to either add or replace the roms on it. There's enough onboard memory for the entire NES library. (for those with the actual games of course.) :D

txsizzler

Postby txsizzler » September 25th, 2018, 1:58 pm

I enjoyed the review as well, and look forward to your SNES Mini review. Interestingly, its pretty easy to find these second gen NES mini's in stores now. Last week when I was at Walmart, they must have had at least 10 of each NES & SNES systems in stock.

GTS

Postby GTS » September 26th, 2018, 11:48 am

I sold my mini once I noticed there was a controller delay (my TV was in game mode, and I play other systems on it with no delay).

By the way, I think you should post your "articles" on the main part of the homepage so that they appear alongside the new game reviews. You would definitely get more views, especially if you create a nice thumbnail.

Sut

Postby Sut » September 26th, 2018, 3:04 pm

GTS wrote:I sold my mini once I noticed there was a controller delay (my TV was in game mode, and I play other systems on it with no delay).

By the way, I think you should post your "articles" on the main part of the homepage so that they appear alongside the new game reviews. You would definitely get more views, especially if you create a nice thumbnail.

This has always put me off these kind of systems - can you plug these into a CRT or are they HDMI only ?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 26th, 2018, 7:32 pm

GTS wrote:

This is a great idea - and pretty obvious too. I'll have to see what I can do.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » September 27th, 2018, 12:54 pm

Con: Last paragraph has a couple of minor grammatical errors - reputation store and you afternoon.

Pro: Agreed on the manuals:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-6cMxGFS29dM/ ... l2back.jpg

Even if it's not the English version, just seeing the original artwork of all of those enemies lined up together has me unreasonably hyped to play some Kid Icarus.

Random: Any chance you could add your grades to the list of games? Or make each title a link to its review, if it has one?

Finally, does anyone know whether Final Fantasy was patched? The original NES version was missing so much content that it could pass for a STEAM early access title

Return to “Review Feedback”