2018/10/2: Playstation: Medievil II, Dracula: The Resurrection

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2018/10/2: Playstation: Medievil II, Dracula: The Resurrection

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 2nd, 2018, 8:05 pm

Here's a pair of Playstation One Halloween game reviews you might enjoy. Comments??

C64_Critic

Re: 2018/10/2: Playstation: Medievil II, Dracula: The Resurrection

Postby C64_Critic » October 2nd, 2018, 10:08 pm

Wow, from an A- for the original to a D+ for the sequel; it sounds like the developers were just 'mailing in' a follow up! Since Medievil is my favorite (only?) 'random' game of all time, and given how old your original review is, maybe it's time to do a follow-up and see how it fares now? There are few franchises I can think of - can you call two games a 'franchise'? Too bad, I just did - that go from "A" material to "D" in the space of a single release, but sounds like this may be one!

mbd36

Postby mbd36 » October 3rd, 2018, 9:25 am

I remember buying Medievil II back in the day because of a great review in a magazine and then being very disappointed. I recall the camera being really bad.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 5th, 2018, 4:18 pm

In fairness, the review for the first Medievil was written when the game was new (1999); I think I may have to revisit that and see how well it's held up to the ravages of time.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » October 5th, 2018, 6:45 pm

There's a PSP remake that you haven't reviewed either. And it's a complete remake, with new levels, characters, and bosses.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 7th, 2018, 5:23 pm

Well I've been playing the original Medievil, and I have to say it's pretty great! The levels are short, less repetitive, and full of surprises. I'll probably update the review but keep the A- grade.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 8th, 2018, 12:43 pm

I just order the PSP Medievil from Ebay. You know, the reason I never ordered this was because I thought it was exactly the same as the PS1 game! Sony did a terrible job marketing those PSP games - and frankly the system in general.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » October 8th, 2018, 4:06 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I just order the PSP Medievil from Ebay. You know, the reason I never ordered this was because I thought it was exactly the same as the PS1 game! Sony did a terrible job marketing those PSP games - and frankly the system in general.

Funny, I was just reading an article this morning talking about what a terrible job Sony is doing advertising the PlayStation Vue streaming video service! For one, they insist on keeping the 'PlayStation' name in the title even though you don't need a PlayStation to subscribe to or use the service. For another, it has no media presence of it's own if you're the kind of person that would like to keep up with news and updates on the service via Twitter or whatever (everything about the Vue is released through the same account general PlayStation info is released through). It's funny how some things never seem to change.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » October 8th, 2018, 5:08 pm

Eh. This is the same Sony that needed Marvel to save their Spiderman movies. Never underestimate their ability to screw up a sure thing.

I mean, you'd never know the PSP was more successful than the NES, the SNES, and the N64, unless you tortured it out of them. They'll happily talk about the Vita's failure, though.

"Hey fellow kids, guess what?! You can throw away those $100 memory sticks! We always hated the Vita too! Console gaming on the go? Portable gaming on your TV? Psh! That'll never work. But! Now you can combine your expensive new portable and your PS4, to pretend you have a Wii U!"

Return to “Review Feedback”