Breath of the Wild: Master Mode?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat

Breath of the Wild: Master Mode?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » October 19th, 2018, 7:08 pm

I just started a new BotW game, and decided to give Master Mode a spin. I like games where the enemies aren't complete pushovers, and you actually have to think in order to survive (Dark Souls).

That's not what I got. The only changes are that the enemies are stronger, and there's more of them. They also regenerate health now. I was hoping it would force me to be resourceful, stealth around and gather resources before engaging them. But when I got my hands on a club, the health regen made it break before it was even down to half health! The only option seems to be to run from everything. So it's not a matter of skill or strategy, the developers just took all the numbers and made them bigger. Not fun at all.

Am I the only one who thinks this?
Last edited by DaHeckIzDat on October 21st, 2018, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrLitch

Re: Breath of the Wild: Maater Mode?

Postby DrLitch » October 20th, 2018, 9:58 am

Master mode should have been the default. Not more difficult in long run - collect stronger weapons, drink attack potion, smash enemies in as before. It is only noticeable on the Plateau where you start the game, once you are off of it and in Hyrule, there are some locations where you can pick up more powerful weapons, game is as easy as the normal mode.

Voor

Postby Voor » October 20th, 2018, 10:12 am

Sounds like you got a stealth mode.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » October 20th, 2018, 2:14 pm

Voor wrote:Sounds like you got a stealth mode.

It might have been, if stealth attacks did any amount of damage. I would sneak up them while they had their backs turned, or were asleep, but it would barely take a quarter of their health. Then they'd get up, alert the others to where I was, and be back to full health within a few seconds. I even rolled a boulder over one, and it barely got it down to half health!

Return to “Modern Gaming”