2018/11/10: Nintendo Switch: Night Trap: 25th Anniversary Edition

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Cafeman

Re: 2018/11/10: Nintendo Switch: Night Trap: 25th Anniversary Edition

Postby Cafeman » November 12th, 2018, 10:00 am

I'm a Sega CD owner and fan, but never for this game. It is really cool to see the video quality so clear though. And Dana Plato is so young here, she must be like 22 years old. I always feel sad when I see her though, she was taken advantage of, as a former child star, had a few disappointing years, then ended her life, and years later so did her adult son. She was a cutie. Well sorry to be a downer, I did go to YT and skipped thru the entire game. I cracked up when at the moving Styrofoam walls followed by the bed spring trap; all that is missing is an Acme logo.

JustLikeHeaven

Postby JustLikeHeaven » November 12th, 2018, 3:12 pm

I've been coming to this site for a long time and Dave's love of Night Trap hasn't never wavered. I think it's awesome that a fan gets to experience this game with this newly enhanced version. It sounds like it's the perfect kind of update. Respectful to the original, but adds quality of life upgrades that feel natural the game's original design. It's re-releases like this that make me happy to still be gaming in 2018.

Also, it's hilarious to think how outraged politicians and companies got about this silly little game. Clearly none of them ever took the time to actually play the damn thing! It's so outrageous, funny, and harmless. I think the fact that it was actual video instead of pixels n polygons that freaked them out.

goldenband

Postby goldenband » November 12th, 2018, 8:24 pm

I've played a perfect game of Night Trap! You get a much better ending that way. It's not too hard to do, but requires the kind of mapping and planning that's pretty much Kryptonite to the VGC's play style. :)

djc

Postby djc » November 13th, 2018, 12:21 am

goldenband wrote:I've played a perfect game of Night Trap! You get a much better ending that way. It's not too hard to do, but requires the kind of mapping and planning that's pretty much Kryptonite to the VGC's play style. :)

Ditto. Back in the day my cousin and I got very proficient at not only finishing the game but seeing all the different endings. Won't spoil it but a perfect game is oddly satisfying.

A lot of trial and error as well as paper/pencil with rooms and time codes :)

m0zart

Postby m0zart » July 19th, 2020, 9:46 pm

I played two more modern FMV games on the Switch lately: "The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker" and "The Shapeshifting Detective". I actually enjoyed these a lot. So I decided to go through and play "Night Trap" and "Double Switch" again, both of which I find to be pretty hard to get the hang of, then and now. Still, they are interesting and fun.

But regardless of how anyone feels about these games, playing "Night Trap" in particular shows just what low-down dirty liars our politicians and game company execs are. I remember the claims that were made about this game -- ultra violence and inappropriate full-on nudity. I saw testimony about this. So much outrage! I was reminded of what absolute bunk these claims were. I cannot believe how exaggerated this was. There were so many games that were MUCH more violent than this game was, and yet were still pretty tame. It depressed the heck out of me to realize just how easily Congress lied to the masses on something that was right out there in front of the eye and got away with it long enough to make serious trouble.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » July 20th, 2020, 7:58 pm

m0zart wrote:It depressed the heck out of me to realize just how easily Congress lied to the masses on something that was right out there in front of the eye and got away with it long enough to make serious trouble.

I just want to know how Congress slept through Custer's Revenge and Chiller.

"Oh well, that's just a bit of cactus sex to let off steam from killing her family, and shooting the prisoners in your sex dungeon. Who among us hasn't done a little bit of that from time to time?"

Lieberman probably wasn't offended by videogames until Sonja Blade performed a fatality on him.

Or he lost Night Trap because he kept watching the girls instead of actually playing the game. "Hang on, hang on, hang on, stupid Augers! This was just about to turn lesbian. How do I...how do I fast forward to the naked bits? I need to know what Satan's got hiding in here."

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 20th, 2020, 8:11 pm

The thing is, the senators never even made an effort to play the games themselves. They just branded them as trash based on what people were telling them. So they really had no idea what they were talking about, and it shows.

Return to “Review Feedback”