Evolution (Colecovision)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Evolution (Colecovision)

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 18th, 2018, 11:47 am

To help me review some of the more rare titles for the Colecovision I use an AtariMax Ultimate 3D for Colecovision ROM cartridge.

So I've been playing this game called Evolution, which is really a series of six mini-games based on different animals from an amoeba to human. The thing is, it starts glitching after a while, with random objects appearing around the screen which eventually render it unplayable. I've gotten to the last screen twice but both times the game stopped working.

At first I thought it was my AtariMax that had an issue, but they I started reviewing another game from it (Qbert's Qubes) and didn't notice any problems. I know my system is working because regular cartridges work.

Do you think I just downloaded a buggy Evolution ROM? Or is this game known to be unstable?

UPDATE: Now I noticed Qbert is glitching as well. Guess I have a bad Atari Max cart? Anything I can do about that??

UPDATE 2: Looks like I have a lifetime warranty, so may have to use it.
https://www.atarimax.com/colecosd/docum ... pter1.html

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Evolution (Colecovision)

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 18th, 2018, 7:48 pm

The guy (Steve) responded right away and send I can send it back for a replacement! That's service.

Return to “Now Playing”