Red Dead Redemption II install process from hell

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
C64_Critic

Re: Red Dead Redemption II install process from hell

Postby C64_Critic » November 11th, 2018, 4:14 pm

Hardcore Sadism wrote:It's worth the install times on physical copy.

Just buy the disc, I don't see the problem here.

Unless I'm wrong, he mentioned having two disks... so, it sound like he did 'buy the disc' but still has tons of Update hell to deal with (a lot with the console itself, some with the game).

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » November 11th, 2018, 4:38 pm

Can anyone with the PS4 copy report in as to whether or not it also has two discs/a similar update process?

Rev

Postby Rev » November 11th, 2018, 5:05 pm

I don't have the PS4 version but have friends who own it. The PS4 copy comes with a data disc and a play disc. You must use the data disc first and then use the play disc to play the game. Seems to be that regardless of which version you pick you're going to be installing the game for a while.

David

Postby David » November 12th, 2018, 9:37 am

Took me about an hour on Xbox One X. I was surprised to see it have two discs. The game is massive though so I guess it makes sense.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 19th, 2018, 9:04 pm

So I'm only about 10% into the game, but the controls suddenly went crazy. When I press a button, the game behaves like I'm pressing it rapidly. This is a problem, since you need to hold down buttons to perform certain operations.

I switched controllers thinking I might be low on batteries, but same thing.

So I relented and started downloading the update, which will probably take the rest of the night. I can only hope I have enough disc space (96% full at last check).

This is why modern gaming sucks. The games are shipped in a buggy state, and they leave it up to the consumer to clean up the mess.

Return to “Modern Gaming”