Burning Road (PS1)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Burning Road (PS1)

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 22nd, 2018, 1:50 pm

This is the kind of game I love - how did I miss it? This bright, fast polygon racer reminds me of Daytona USA. Not very deep, but fun pick-up-and-play style. Love the weather conditions like snow and thunder storms. Review forthcoming.

Are there any other games like this one I should track down?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Burning Road (PS1)

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 22nd, 2018, 2:13 pm

Funny, I was having trouble saving when I noticed this in the manual (Yes, this is straight from the manual!)

The only way to save over an existing saved game in Burning Road is to first delete the previously
saved game and then give the command to save the current game.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » November 22nd, 2018, 4:57 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Funny, I was having trouble saving when I noticed this in the manual (Yes, this is straight from the manual!)

The only way to save over an existing saved game in Burning Road is to first delete the previously
saved game and then give the command to save the current game.

What a pain! I hate memory cards as it is, but this is annoying. Saving should never be a ten-step process.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » November 22nd, 2018, 7:53 pm

I just had a look and yeah it is Daytona USA in all but name. Right down to the dreadful clipping of the Sega Saturn version. It is strange that anyone would make that. Though if it is fun it would still be worth playing

Verm3

Postby Verm3 » November 25th, 2018, 2:39 am

I've just found out that there was a sequel (well a follow up by the same developers) to the game called 'explosive racing'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU5W1d2z6Po

Return to “Now Playing”