Slain: Back From Hell (Switch)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Slain: Back From Hell (Switch)

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 22nd, 2018, 2:32 pm

Don't know why I don't hear more about this. This Castlevania style game is great. The graphics are like an Iron Maiden album cover come to life! Very gory and quite satisfying. Check it out. Might be the best title screen I've ever seen.

Ozzybear

Re: Slain: Back From Hell (Switch)

Postby Ozzybear » November 25th, 2018, 2:03 pm

I have this on my vita and ps4 and I agree , not sure why it hasn't gotten more attention! It's a great game !!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 25th, 2018, 8:57 pm

Looks like critics are calling it too hard. It is hard, but in an old-school "try try again" way that's addictive.
If you could cruise through it critics would complain it was too short. You can't win with these people!

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » November 25th, 2018, 11:43 pm

Critic , couldn't have said it better !!

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » November 26th, 2018, 6:43 am

This game is always on sale in the eShop, I might give it a try. If you are looking for an "old school" challenge I would recommend "The Messenger". It definitely has that "try, try again" thing going for it.

GTS

Postby GTS » November 26th, 2018, 8:01 am

It's definitely under the radar like a lot of other indie games. I would buy it, but It looks a little repetitive based on the gameplay that I saw.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » November 26th, 2018, 9:05 am

Kewl. I will look forward to the review for this one. It looks like a cracker if the graphics are anything to go by.

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » December 22nd, 2018, 9:35 am

I picked up the imported physical release of Slain for the PS4 recently and have been enjoying it quite a bit. For those interested the digital Switch version is on sale on the Nintendo eshop for $4.99, and the PS4 and Vita versions are only $2.99 on the PlayStation Store.

VideoGameCritic wrote:Looks like critics are calling it too hard. It is hard, but in an old-school "try try again" way that's addictive.
If you could cruise through it critics would complain it was too short. You can't win with these people!

Yeah, I agree. Funny thing is, if they would have made it a lot easier and padded out the length with a lot of boring crap to do, it probably would have gotten better scores.

I think that one issue some might have with this game is that since it looks like a total button masher, they play it like it's one. But the problem is, you're not going to get far playing that way. Sure, you'll get by the easiest sections, but the harder parts actually require quite a bit of strategy. And I like that. It keeps the game from being mindlessly repetitive.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » December 22nd, 2018, 3:09 pm

snakeboy wrote:I picked up the imported physical release of Slain for the PS4 recently and have been enjoying it quite a bit. For those interested the digital Switch version is on sale on the Nintendo eshop for $4.99, and the PS4 and Vita versions are only $2.99 on the PlayStation Store.

Not to leave PC gamers in a lurch, this game is also currently on sale on Steam; $3.24 for the base game, or $4.86 for the game plus the "Back From Hell" DLC. I may just bite the bullet and add this to my already sizeable library of unplayed games :-)

Return to “Now Playing”