Happy New Years!

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Luigi & Peach

Happy New Years!

Postby Luigi & Peach » January 1st, 2019, 9:43 am

Hopefully everyone had a good 2018. Does anybody still make resolutions? I tell myself every year that I want to get our house more organized and clean(er), but I kind of gave up on making it an official resolution. How about you?

matmico399

Re: Happy New Years!

Postby matmico399 » January 2nd, 2019, 12:26 pm

I gave up on resolutions years ago as I never keep them. 2018 was a poor year for me. But I am hopeful for 2019. Need some new games though as mine are stale.

Voor

Postby Voor » January 2nd, 2019, 7:27 pm

I’m proud of my resolution list this year. They are all very concrete things that take 5-10 minutes to do each day. I felt “sloppy” and kind of lazy this year, and so these are things to help whip me into shape (physically, mentally, spiritually) without being too big of a goal or too abstract.

scotland

Postby scotland » January 2nd, 2019, 8:00 pm

matmico399 wrote:I gave up on resolutions years ago as I never keep them. 2018 was a poor year for me. But I am hopeful for 2019. Need some new games though as mine are stale.

Sorry to hear about 2018 - let me wish you a far better 2019 buddy

I am in need of something new (or old) myself for gaming myself. Its fun to think we have had 40 years of programmeable home console gaming, and even longer for the fad gaming like Pong, discrete electronic gaming, university mainframes, hybrid games like the Odyssey with overlays and game pieces, and all sorts of arcade gaming.

We often talk about 'generations' but gaming has eras too. We're in an age of online 3D gaming and downloadable games - maybe the next era is cloud based virtual reality gaming - I don't know - but its fun to see how video gaming has evolved over a human lifetime.

rohoGames

Postby rohoGames » January 3rd, 2019, 1:23 am

Happy new year!

Some small goals that I have:

1. Read more books. I've gotten into the habit of deep diving on internet articles and wikipedia and would like to rebalance that with actual, you know, books.
2. Work on more personal projects in general.
3. Keep growing my podcast.

Return to “Other Media”