Good movies you’ve watched recently

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Ozzybear

Re: Good movies you’ve watched recently

Postby Ozzybear » January 6th, 2019, 3:08 pm

Watched the new Halloween , while I thought it was well done , it still felt lacking something . The same with the latest Hellraiser . Also watched the new bumblebee , which I think has been the best of all the live action transformer movies , still has its flaws , but was a good movie overall !!

Voor

Postby Voor » January 6th, 2019, 8:22 pm

Teddybear wrote:I just watched Netflix's Bird Box the other night and would highly recommend it. While it is easy to poke holes into it (I would have liked some type of explanation as to how crazy people were immune and what was the source of the epidemic) the movie is chilling.

BB is tremendously popular, and while it has tons of cheesy moments, it is suspenseful and entertaining, which is a success for a Netflix movie. I liked the river parts much more than the house parts (which felt like a cheap horror movie), but overall it’s one of Netflix’s better movies, compared to awful Bright, decent How it Ends, and just OK Hold the Dark.

Ballard of Buster Scruggs is another interesting Netflix Original (6 20 minute mini movies), as well as the Bandersnatch (the interactive Black Mirror moxie).

GTS

Postby GTS » January 6th, 2019, 9:49 pm

I don't watch movies that much any more, but I did see Annihilation a while back. Wow. I strongly recommend it and don't read anything about it till afterward; there's potential for major spoilers.

Rev

Postby Rev » January 7th, 2019, 7:48 pm

I love Annihilation. I thought it was a great movie and Natalie Portman did a wonderful job. One of my favorite sci-fi/horror (ish) movies from the last year.

I also watched the first two Die Hard movies for the holidays this year, lol. Both have stood the test of time and are silly, holiday action romps.

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » January 7th, 2019, 9:27 pm

CaptainCruch wrote:
newmodelarmy wrote:Saw "Ralph Breaks the Internet" with my daughter and enjoyed it. If you liked the first one you will like the sequel.

I don't agree. I really liked the first one, so I was looking forward to this one, but I found it just a disappointment. Bad story, just silly action.

Well you can't please everybody. I liked it and my daughter loved it. It is not the greatest animated movie of all time but it is a good watch. Speaking of great animated movies.....Incredibles 2! Great movie!

Voor

Postby Voor » January 8th, 2019, 7:47 am

Mowgli—Netflix Jungle Book remake. Much darker tale than the original, but I thought it was pretty good. A bit much for my 7 year old though

Return to “Other Media”