2019/1/9: Playstation 4: Bloodborne (Alternate Review)

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2019/1/9: Playstation 4: Bloodborne (Alternate Review)

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 9th, 2019, 12:35 pm

Here we have something new! In order to provide a different perspective I'm posting an alternative review (by DaHeckIsDat and the RPG Crew) right under my original review. That's fair right? Also, we get a second screenshot, which is nice.

Although the author requested an RPG icon, I left it off, since action-RPGs aren't really in the spirit of what that icon originally intended. Thoughts?

I also made another tweak. I put the "Contributed by..." line at the very end of the review instead of the beginning. I think it's better because then readers can just dive in to the review. Let me know if I should apply this change to the other RPG reviews as well.

Bring on the feedback!

Retro STrife

Re: 2019/1/9: Playstation 4: Bloodborne (Alternate Review)

Postby Retro STrife » January 9th, 2019, 2:30 pm

My feedback on your questions-

Yes I like how you posted this one right under your own review, with (Alternate Review).

I've never played this game or any of the Souls games, so I'll leave the RPG debate to others who are more familiar with it.

Personally I've always liked the "Contributed by" line at the top, because then I know right off the bat that I'm reading someone else's review. My guess is that most long-time readers might feel the same, whereas casual readers might care less who the author is and prefer that line at the end.

Voor

Postby Voor » January 9th, 2019, 3:38 pm

I agree with the “contributed by” being in the first line.

I also agree that action RPGs should not get the icon.

This is a fantastic idea. I’m curious what other games the readers will call for a “second opinion” on.

As for the review itself, I felt he did a great job describing the gameplay, but I’m still unsure what made it so fun as to warrant an A-. Just my 2 cents.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » January 9th, 2019, 11:03 pm

Is it possible for the two reviews to use the same reader rating, or does the site's structure not allow for that?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 10th, 2019, 11:06 am

Right now the site gives a unique ID to each review, and the reader reviews use that.

The only way it would work is if I lumped stacked both reviews in the same section, which would probably look pretty ugly.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » January 10th, 2019, 10:11 pm

I do not like the souls types of games so I will never play this game. There is a free one on games pass at present called Ashen. I found out it was a souls game and did not bother downloading it.

Voor

Postby Voor » January 11th, 2019, 7:56 pm

Also, it would be cool if the alternate review referenced yours, such as “the critic feels ......, but ....”

Breaker

Postby Breaker » January 13th, 2019, 8:23 pm

I really don't see a need for alternate reviews. This is your site, and it should contain your experiences and interpretations of the games you play. If others disagree, no matter how strong or in how great of numbers, it's truly irrelevant. You already give us the option to vote for our grade, and comment in the forums. Do you need to give an alternate review, too? Seems like overkill for those that are butthurt that you had a different opinion than them.

Return to “Review Feedback”