2019/1/13: Playstation: Burning Road, Steel Harbinger

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2019/1/13: Playstation: Burning Road, Steel Harbinger

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 13th, 2019, 12:56 pm

Two new PS1 reviews for the arcade racer Burning Road, and the ill-conceived shooter Steel Harbinger.
Let me know what you think!

GTS

Re: 2019/1/13: Playstation: Burning Road, Steel Harbinger

Postby GTS » January 13th, 2019, 5:14 pm

Burning Road is misspelled as "Buring" in the middle of the review. In the Steel Harbinger review, "actic" should be "arctic."
That same sentence is missing a few words too. Nice reviews though. I don't think I've heard of either of these games.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 13th, 2019, 6:03 pm

So beside the typos, misspellings, and missing words, these reviews are great!
Seriously though, thanks for bringing to my attention.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » January 14th, 2019, 3:27 am

Fabulous reviews of two games that I have never heard of. The burning road looks like the game I would have bought and played over and over again.

This is the time of year in the middle of winter that I do not like. No sunshine in London makes me miserable. Though reviews like this remind me of how good life is. I always look forward to seeing a new review and it is especially good when it is two games that I had never heard of.

Oh, the ps1 mini that they put out has been a total flop so I hear. If they had come onto this site and did a bit of research they could have filled the console up with obscure titles we all wanted to play. So for me a missed opportunity. Though when you read the reviews on the British amazon site they just seem to suggest that the console emulation is awful plus no chance to put in extra games. I really want to try br. I think I will have to dust off my ps2.

goldenband

Postby goldenband » January 14th, 2019, 3:55 pm

Ha, brutal review of Steel Harbinger! I actually enjoyed the game for what it was -- that being, as you say, trashy mid-1990s cheese à la Robotron. But for exactly that reason, I can't really argue with the failing grade.

Hate to be the bearer of bad typographic news, but there's a string of small errors in the middle of the review. Corrections in bold:

"Wielding a pair of high-powered guns and a thong, this chick blasts spawning aliens while saving aimless humans. It's kind of like Robotron 2084 (Atari 7800, 1986) - if you could imagine that game being 3D and really bad."

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » January 18th, 2019, 12:47 pm

I went on YouTube and watched the opening FMV cutscene of Steel Harbinger and it was hilarious. Like it was acted out by people they pulled off the street at best. I also agree that Miranda became significantly hotter after her transformation, but I was disappointed that they skipped over the obviously amazing scene where the tentacle slithered over to one of the desks, grabbed a dry erase marker, and carefully drew those semi-intricate lines on her face...

Return to “Review Feedback”