Verizon Gaming?

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
pacman000

Verizon Gaming?

Postby pacman000 » January 12th, 2019, 9:56 am

https://www.engadget.com/2019/01/11/ver ... ng-report/

According to The Verge, the company is working on and is already alpha testing a cloud gaming service à la PlayStation Now called Verizon Gaming. Based on the forum posts and emails The Verge saw, Verizon has been recruiting testers for a while now, giving qualified applicants a free NVIDIA Shield TV, where the service is already up and running with 135 games,

I thought the NVIDIA Shield was gone...

Hardcore Sadism

Re: Verizon Gaming?

Postby Hardcore Sadism » January 12th, 2019, 5:14 pm

Verizon as a gaming provider of any sorts makes me laugh. Next thing you know EA will try to compete with prepaid cellular.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » January 14th, 2019, 11:31 am

Profits on telecommunications are slim, so most communication companies are trying to become vertically-integrated entertainment companies. AT&T's Buying Warner Bros; Comcast Bought Universal.

Verizon's attempt to re-invigorate AOL & Yahoo as an infotainment company failed, so this is their next idea.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 14th, 2019, 1:01 pm

Has Verizon ever produced anything worth spending money on?

I was desperate to switch over from Comcast for my cable, but aborted mission when I repeatedly failed to get a human being on the Verizon customer service line. Awful!

Also, you know that preppy nerdy guy with glasses on those Verizon commercials? Don't you just want to punch him in the face??

Hardcore Sadism

Postby Hardcore Sadism » January 16th, 2019, 10:02 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Also, you know that preppy nerdy guy with glasses on those Verizon commercials? Don't you just want to punch him in the face??

Remember when Verizon were busted for having inherent backdoors on their prepaid smartphones?

sixam

Postby sixam » January 17th, 2019, 7:55 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Also, you know that preppy nerdy guy with glasses on those Verizon commercials? Don't you just want to punch him in the face??

That guy does commercials for Sprint now.

Return to “Modern Gaming”