2019/1/30: Playstation 4: Marvel's Spider-Man

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2019/1/30: Playstation 4: Marvel's Spider-Man

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 30th, 2019, 8:49 pm

I've been engrossed in this game for the past two months. What do you think about my review?

Can you guys think of any icons for this one?

Sonicx9

Re: 2019/1/30: Playstation 4: Marvel's Spider-Man

Postby Sonicx9 » January 30th, 2019, 9:05 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I've been engrossed in this game for the past two months. What do you think about my review?

So glad it got a great review considering how mediocre the 8th gen consoles are as a whole save for the Nintendo Switch. We need more games like that not cross gen/handheld release games that do not look that much better and have quality game play unlike the disappointing Arkham Knight!

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » January 30th, 2019, 9:33 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:
VideoGameCritic wrote:I've been engrossed in this game for the past two months. What do you think about my review?

So glad it got a great review considering how mediocre the 8th gen consoles are as a whole save for the Nintendo Switch. We need more games like that not cross gen/handheld release games that do not look that much better and have quality game play unlike the disappointing Arkham Knight!

Say what????

Anyway, I loved Spiderman and thought it was a great game. I enjoyed the main story line and missions the most but did not feel compelled to complete every side activity as I thought they became repetitive and a bit boring. The whole "raid an enemy camp" was severely overused! Anyway, great review.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » January 30th, 2019, 10:57 pm

newmodelarmy wrote:Say what????

For me criticizing the 8th gen consoles?

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » January 31st, 2019, 10:38 am

newmodelarmy wrote:
Anyway, I loved Spiderman and thought it was a great game. I enjoyed the main story line and missions the most but did not feel compelled to complete every side activity as I thought they became repetitive and a bit boring. The whole "raid an enemy camp" was severely overused! Anyway, great review.

I couldn't agree more with the repetitive aspect side of things. Great game although there were patches for it and/or additional costumes you could download. The main story was great. Did you buy the DLC for it? I wonder if story wise it's as good as the main game or at least comparable. It's one of the few games I've completed in awhile.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » January 31st, 2019, 12:06 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:

I love my PS3, but I can't name a single thing it did better than the PS4.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » January 31st, 2019, 4:50 pm

ptdebate wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:

The reason why I say it was I was unimpressed with the 8th Gen consoles save for PC, 3DS, and PS Vita during the 2013 to 2016 period outside of a few stand outs like Uncharted 4, etc. Also I just I do not think 8th Gen outside of the PC/Switch/3DS and Vita are that great as I think this gen to me is mediocre and unimpressive. It also does not help that this is one of the most polarizing console gen bar none as people either love, hate or are neutral to this current gen.

Maybe I am missing something as I am not a fan of 8th gen?

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » January 31st, 2019, 5:56 pm

Typo: "entertaining in of itself" should be "entertaining in and of itself".

Upon completing the story I felt like giving the game a standing ovation, but maybe I should reserve that for the developers, as I never even had to apply a single patch to this game. Bravo!

I think that cases like this, where developers buck bad industry trends, might warrant a new icon. Maybe a salmon, since they're swimming against the current?

Voor

Postby Voor » January 31st, 2019, 6:56 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:
ptdebate wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:

The reason why I say it was I was unimpressed with the 8th Gen consoles save for PC, 3DS, and PS Vita during the 2013 to 2016 period outside of a few stand outs like Uncharted 4, etc. Also I just I do not think 8th Gen outside of the PC/Switch/3DS and Vita are that great as I think this gen to me is mediocre and unimpressive. It also does not help that this is one of the most polarizing console gen bar none as people either love, hate or are neutral to this current gen.

Maybe I am missing something as I am not a fan of 8th gen?

Again, please don’t believe everything you read. Who cares if somebody says it’s the “most polarizing”? It doesn’t matter or affect how much you like something.

I don’t “love, hate, or are neutral” to this gen. For me, every generation has something that sticks out. This generation, has the Switch. Next generation, it’ll be something different.

Cafeman

Postby Cafeman » January 31st, 2019, 7:43 pm

The game is amazing and spectacular!! I'm still playing through my save file, but I've watched many of the later scenes and missions from Caf Jr playing it. It can get a little repetive if you have gamers OCD and force yourself to do all the side missions, but since these are fun and optional I say bring it on. I like chasing pigeons and plugging water tank holes , these parts are a nice break from the stealth and crazy melee battles. Best Spidey game ever. I bought all 3 DLC, saw some of these stages but haven't played through them yet.

I was amazed from level one, where the first boss is Kingpin himself.

Return to “Review Feedback”