2018/11/13: NES: Silk Worm, Bram Stoker's Dracula

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2018/11/13: NES: Silk Worm, Bram Stoker's Dracula

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 13th, 2018, 9:04 pm

Let's hear your feedback about my latest NES reviews for Silk Worm and Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Stalvern

Re: 2018/11/13: NES: Silk Worm, Bram Stoker's Dracula

Postby Stalvern » November 13th, 2018, 11:07 pm

When I ran into the phrase "touching water or landing on a bed of spikes" in the Dracula review, I had to laugh out loud at NES-era game logic. Equally common scenarios, and equally dangerous!

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » November 14th, 2018, 7:20 am

Interesting reviews for games that I will only get to play on emulation.

Thanks for posting them. I have never heard of either but both look good.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 14th, 2018, 9:18 pm

Stalvern wrote:When I ran into the phrase "touching water or landing on a bed of spikes" in the Dracula review, I had to laugh out loud at NES-era game logic. Equally common scenarios, and equally dangerous!

You know, I didn't put much thought into that line, but you're right - it's hilarious to think about.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » November 15th, 2018, 11:47 am

Never heard of Silk Worm, but I appreciate the review. You make it sound so good that I went ahead and bought a copy.

Sut

Postby Sut » November 15th, 2018, 2:31 pm

I’m surprised many of you haven’t heard of Silkworm it was a pretty big deal here in Europe on the home computers mainly down to its co-operative play.
I remember arguing with friends who gets the helicopter and who gets the jeep (the jeep was far harder) but if you worked in tandem the game was very rewarding.

The SWIV games are related to this.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » February 14th, 2019, 9:33 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Let's hear your feedback about my latest NES reviews for Silk Worm and Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Retro STrife wrote:Never heard of Silk Worm, but I appreciate the review. You make it sound so good that I went ahead and bought a copy.

Took me a few months, but I finally got around to playing Silk Worm. I played a few levels with the jeep and a few levels with the helicopter. Overall I think your review is spot on, although I thought the game was average and would rate it more towards a C. At first I didn't like it at all, but it grew on me after 10 minutes or so. You preferred playing as the jeep, but I think it's a close call as to which is better.. personally I leaned toward the helicopter, because aiming shots with the jeep is much trickier. One thing I really appreciate is that the collision detection is very forgiving.. you really need to fly into a direct hit to get blown up, so it makes for a lot of exhilarating close calls when a missile just scrapes by your vehicle (and even looks like it hits you), making you feel like you're narrowly escaping death as you weave through bullets.

Return to “Review Feedback”