God of War PS4

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: God of War PS4

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 17th, 2019, 9:33 pm

I just started playing this and it's impressive! I'm jaded when it comes to graphics but I was pretty astonished by the facial features and lush environments. Very polished.

I think the new over-the-shoulder view was a good call - it makes the game feel more modern. I don't even mind the kid because he doesn't whine.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 18th, 2019, 8:44 am

Played a boss encounter with "the stranger" last night, and I thought it was really dumb. Not only was the fight way over the top even by God Of War standards, but I was only in control about half the time. And oh yeah - I don't like how Kratos blocks half of the screen. I can't see where my enemy is.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » February 22nd, 2019, 8:19 pm

God of War is a phenomenal game, surprised it beat Red Dead to GOTY though.

Out of curiosity, regarding the kid:

What does he say when he shoots an arrow?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 26th, 2019, 9:08 pm

By the way, I am warming up to this game. Still not great, but good at least.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » February 27th, 2019, 1:10 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:By the way, I am warming up to this game. Still not great, but good at least.

I'll be looking forward to the review. Originally, I had decided to pass on this game, because I played and beat God of War II and never really cared for it -- so I told myself I would never go back to the series. Now they totally revamp the game, and lots of people are raving that it's the best game of last year - some even saying it's the best game of this console generation - and suddenly I've decided that I need to play it. So I'll be interested in your take.

Return to “Now Playing”