Trouble getting an account?

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Trouble getting an account?

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 21st, 2019, 8:08 pm

From what my friends have told me it's kind of difficult to get an account on these forums. They compare the registration process to a mortgage application, and apparently the email notifications don't always arrive.

So if you're having trouble you're not alone. If you're stuck just leave me feedback (via Home menu) with your info and I will see if I can help. If I can locate your account in the system I should be able to activate it. Thank you for your patience.

And if you ARE a member, welcome to a very exclusive club!

mbd36

Re: Trouble getting an account?

Postby mbd36 » March 21st, 2019, 8:24 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:From what my friends have told me it's kind of difficult to get an account on these forums. They compare the registration process to a mortgage application, and apparently the email notifications don't always arrive.

So if you're having trouble you're not alone. If you're stuck just leave me feedback (via Home menu) with your info and I will see if I can help. If I can locate your account in the system I should be able to activate it. Thank you for your patience.

And if you ARE a member, welcome to a very exclusive club!

I just checked the registration page and it mostly just asks for a username and password. Very straightforward. Not sure what the big deal is other than email notification not working.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » March 22nd, 2019, 11:54 am

I've been here since 2006. How many years to go until I can post without mod approval?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 22nd, 2019, 5:17 pm

Gentlegamer,
I don't even know how to set something like that up!

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » March 23rd, 2019, 8:27 am

If I remember right this forum's registration process is no worse than any other forum's...which may explain why forums are going away. People are too lazy to fill out three boxes; they'd rather sign up for Fbook or Google & use those accounts everywhere. :(

Buttermancan

Postby Buttermancan » March 31st, 2019, 4:00 am

Hello all,

This is the first time I've made a post here. The critics topic may have been prompted by me. I found this site about 10 months ago (after being disillusioned by the majority of modern game sites) and wanted to join soon after. Set up is straight forward but once completed you are told to wait for an account activation email from Admin. I checked my inbox over the following days and weeks and kept an eye on my junk folder but nothing. I tried it several times but never got a reply. Like the critic says, if you are having an issue, contact him via the main page email and he'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks for sorting things out for me. I'm currently on holiday but look forward to interacting with the site and members in the near future.

Kind regards,

Chris

Return to “Video Games General”