NBA 2k Playgrounds 2 (Switch)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
CharlieR

NBA 2k Playgrounds 2 (Switch)

Postby CharlieR » April 22nd, 2019, 8:59 am

This game plays a lot like a modern version of NBA jam, with fast-paced, two-on-two action, and high-flying dunks. There’s also a 3-point contest, which can get a little hectic because you and your competition are shooting from the same side of the court at the same time. Still, this game is a lot of fun and I have been playing it a lot.

I must warn you, there is an extensive amount of content that is locked from the start, and if you plan on playing as your favorite player, you’ll have to do a lot of grinding, and hope to unlock him in a pack. To me, this format is not as bad as some reviews make it out to be, as I’ve unlocked a lot of the playyers without spending a dime.

There are two types of currency, gold coins and baller bucks. Baller bucks are the in game currency and thankfully, these level up pretty quickly if you do player challenges. That’s right, if you get a player like Anthony Davis, his stats won’t be as good as in real life or other video games, until you level him up, but the challenges aren’t too hard.

A big part of unlocking players is by opening packs. Bronze packs are 1,500 baller bucks, while silver and gold packs are worth 3,000 and 4,500, respectively. I’ve drawn Shaquille O’ Neal, Lebron James, Anthony Davis, and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar just from bronze packs alone. Each pack contains 4 players and 25 gold coins. You can also pay to unlock all the rosters for 5000 gold coins.

Return to “Now Playing”