What systems do you want to see more reviews for?

General and high profile video game topics.
Hagane

Re: What systems do you want to see more reviews for?

Postby Hagane » April 28th, 2019, 5:26 pm

On top of my head the classic Game Boy.

It's a bit strange to see that you reviewed more games for the Game Gear, Atari Lynx and even the Game.Com than the most popular portable console of it's time the classic black and white Game Boy, so many great games: Operation C, Ninja Gaiden Shadow, Bionic Commando, Super Mario Land 2, Pokemon...

I would like to see more Vita reviews too.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » April 28th, 2019, 5:41 pm

I agree with the CD-i requests. I'm particularly interested in your take on Laser Lords.

noah98

Postby noah98 » April 28th, 2019, 6:47 pm

There are still quite a few really good Nes games left to review. Also, I love when you review hidden gems for the Sega Genesis.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 29th, 2019, 12:16 am

Stalvern wrote:I agree with the CD-i requests. I'm particularly interested in your take on Laser Lords.

Is it a good game or a humorous game? I just googled it and saw a screenshot, so now I'm curious.. Looks up my alley, based on the weirdness of it. I have the game lying around here too, but just haven't played it yet.

A similar looking one is Zombie Dinos from Planet Zeltoid. I haven't tried that yet either.. but it's worth owning just for the name alone. Unfortunately, the gameplay doesn't look as good as the name, based on the videos I've watched.

The CD-i game I'd most like to see reviewed is Girls' Club. It's a CD-i exclusive, one of the stranger game premises ever (a dating game for young teen girls), and one of the best multiplayer games ever made (assuming beers are involved).

goldenband

Postby goldenband » April 29th, 2019, 12:37 am

I'd like to see Kingdom: The Far Reaches and Kingdom II: Shadoan get reviewed on the CD-i, though with the caveat that I've only played them on other systems (3DO and Mac respectively).

They're both very pretty FMV/adventure games, with Shadoan completing a story that was left half-complete in the laserdisc arcade era -- a rare example of a developer going back to finish what they started. I have a feeling they'll make the Critic tear his hair out since they can be pretty cryptic, but they still have that haunting, nostalgic 1980s animation thing to offer.

Crummylion

Postby Crummylion » April 29th, 2019, 12:56 am

I want more Virtual Boy or Games.com reviews just so the Critic can say he reviewed all the games on a system.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » April 29th, 2019, 1:49 am

Retro STrife wrote:Is it a good game or a humorous game? I just googled it and saw a screenshot, so now I'm curious.. Looks up my alley, based on the weirdness of it. I have the game lying around here too, but just haven't played it yet.

Probably both. It's definitely humorous, but I haven't played it myself, so I can't actually speak to its quality. It strongly reminds me of the Apple II classic Below the Root, even down to how the graphics (try to) move, although Laser Lords is much bigger and Below the Root has a lot less claymation and bad accents. You can see footage of both on YouTube.

Edit: I just realized that they're both by the same developer. That would explain it! They also put out games based on Alice in Wonderland for both systems.

Retro STrife wrote:The CD-i game I'd most like to see reviewed is Girls' Club. It's a CD-i exclusive, one of the stranger game premises ever (a dating game for young teen girls), and one of the best multiplayer games ever made (assuming beers are involved).

Great call. Crazy that someone as into FMV and party games as the VGC is hasn't gotten to it yet.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » April 29th, 2019, 10:25 am

For systems that you done reviews for, I'd like to see more for the SG-1000. And for systems that you've yet to do a review for, I'd like to see an overview for the TI-99 followed by a few game reviews.

Cafeman

Postby Cafeman » April 29th, 2019, 10:43 am

You have covered my favorite systems well enough already. I do like to see reviews for Atari and Sega systems. Not sure how many games you have still not reviewed for each, so re-reviews are fine sometimes. Features are nice. Have you ever thought about doing some comparison features, same game franchise across the years and consoles, or same genre implemented in different ways?

noah98

Postby noah98 » April 29th, 2019, 4:59 pm

lynchie137 wrote:For systems that you done reviews for, I'd like to see more for the SG-1000. And for systems that you've yet to do a review for, I'd like to see an overview for the TI-99 followed by a few game reviews.

I would love to see TI 99/4a reviews! Such a fun system with many unique games on cartridge. Also, lots of great arcade ports. The TI version of Burgertime is the best in my humble opinion, even better than the Colecovision and Intellivision versions (also both excellent).

Return to “Video Games General”