Sonic Live Action Movie trailer.

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Sonicx9

Sonic Live Action Movie trailer.

Postby Sonicx9 » April 30th, 2019, 11:54 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvvZaBf9QQI

It looks terrible should have been animation.

Gentlegamer

Re: Sonic Live Action Movie trailer.

Postby Gentlegamer » April 30th, 2019, 12:22 pm

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 30th, 2019, 12:30 pm

Thanks for sharing - I didn't even know this was in the works. I agree with you - it looks pretty bad. I like Jim Carrey, but I don't feel like he'll make a good Dr. Robotnik. First of all, he's not obese, which really is an important requirement for the character. A scrawny Dr. Robitnik is just blasphemy. Second, he seems to play the character as mean, sarcastic, obnoxious, a jerk, etc... and I picture Dr. Robitnik as more of a bumbling idiot that isn't quite as evil as he wants to be. I'd definitely wait for reviews before seeing this one. ....I did appreciate the line "Every Hero Has a Genesis", though.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » April 30th, 2019, 1:32 pm

I'm glad that we still live in a world where the kind of horribly misdirected imagination that brought us the Super Mario Bros. movie hasn't been crushed by the Hollywood system. It looks like flaming garbage, but what a flame!

I think that my favorite thing about the trailer is hearing two separate characters say, "What the...?" in the first minute.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 30th, 2019, 4:08 pm

Response time.

Gentlegamer wrote:Image

LOL, true

Retro STrife wrote:Thanks for sharing - I didn't even know this was in the works. I agree with you - it looks pretty bad. I like Jim Carrey, but I don't feel like he'll make a good Dr. Robotnik. First of all, he's not obese, which really is an important requirement for the character. A scrawny Dr. Robitnik is just blasphemy. Second, he seems to play the character as mean, sarcastic, obnoxious, a jerk, etc... and I picture Dr. Robitnik as more of a bumbling idiot that isn't quite as evil as he wants to be. I'd definitely wait for reviews before seeing this one. ....I did appreciate the line "Every Hero Has a Genesis", though.

It is just bad, a skinny Robotnik/Eggman and a ugly looking CGI Sonic, it just does not work in live action should have been animated. This movie is going to crash and burn. Although the "Every Hero Has a Genesis" was a nice nod too bad it in a bad movie.

Stalvern wrote:I'm glad that we still live in a world where the kind of horribly misdirected imagination that brought us the Super Mario Bros. movie hasn't been crushed by the Hollywood system. It looks like flaming garbage, but what a flame!

I think that my favorite thing about the trailer is hearing two separate characters say, "What the...?" in the first minute.
\

True, and the best part was the what the "What the...?" in the trailer everything else is junk. Heck even Yuji Naka hates it.

Rev

Postby Rev » April 30th, 2019, 6:51 pm

This looks really weird... I don't mind so much that Dr. Robotnik is skinny but Sonic looks really off. And I think the movie has made him an alien or something? In the trailer, Sonic said he was here to save our planet...

So Sonic is an alien?

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 30th, 2019, 7:00 pm

Rev wrote:This looks really weird... I don't mind so much that Dr. Robotnik is skinny but Sonic looks really off. And I think the movie has made him an alien or something? In the trailer, Sonic said he was here to save our planet...

So Sonic is an alien?

That is so correct, even Yuji Naka hates it. It bizzare and cheesy seeing a cartoony hedgehog in live action CGI, it gives me the infamous Will Smith Genie vibes. (Worst Genie ever as the Comic Book Guy would say.) Simpsons reference for those that get it.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 30th, 2019, 9:10 pm

This trailer is the worst thing I've ever seen. I just want to punch Sonic in the face. And could Jim Carrey go any lower?

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » April 30th, 2019, 10:03 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:This trailer is the worst thing I've ever seen. I just want to punch Sonic in the face. And could Jim Carrey go any lower?

I can't wait for the review on your movies page.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » April 30th, 2019, 10:36 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:This trailer is the worst thing I've ever seen. I just want to punch Sonic in the face. And could Jim Carrey go any lower?

It looks god awful, heck even Yuji Naka hates it.: https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2019 ... naka-movie, and worse of all Paramount Pictures did own Sega back in the late 60's to early 80's and this is the comeback of the two, a bad comeback indeed.

Stalvern wrote:I can't wait for the review on your movies page.

Same it going to be messy!

Return to “Other Media”