It almost here.

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

It almost here.

Postby Sonicx9 » May 2nd, 2019, 11:59 am

https://nintendoeverything.com/bloodsta ... w-trailer/

Will this be the big AAA Kickstarter retro spiritual succesor killer app or disapoint, find out next month.

DrLitch

Re: It almost here.

Postby DrLitch » May 3rd, 2019, 1:49 pm

I played the 8bit style game last year. While similar to Castlevania III and somewhat short lived, it was a decent game. This Bloodstained derives inspiration from Symphony of the Night, a title that is possibly my favorite game of all time. Needless to say I am anxious for Bloodstained to come out. Even if it is only half as good as the source material it will still be better than 99% of games out there. Metroidvania titles, while somewhat numerous, tend to be derivative or boring. Sundered, Hollow Knight, Ori and the Blind Forest, and so on, fairly decent but forgettable. Axiom Verge could well be the last great game of this genre and it is now nearly 4 years old. I even found the last Metroid somewhat average. I am hoping for Bloodstained to invigorate my enthusiasm for this genre.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » May 3rd, 2019, 2:08 pm

DrLitch wrote:I played the 8bit style game last year. While similar to Castlevania III and somewhat short lived, it was a decent game. This Bloodstained derives inspiration from Symphony of the Night, a title that is possibly my favorite game of all time. Needless to say I am anxious for Bloodstained to come out. Even if it is only half as good as the source material it will still be better than 99% of games out there. Metroidvania titles, while somewhat numerous, tend to be derivative or boring. Sundered, Hollow Knight, Ori and the Blind Forest, and so on, fairly decent but forgettable. Axiom Verge could well be the last great game of this genre and it is now nearly 4 years old. I even found the last Metroid somewhat average. I am hoping for Bloodstained to invigorate my enthusiasm for this genre.

I hope that Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is the Wonder Woman 2017 movie of AAA Kickstarter retro spiritual successor as we need it fast to prove it can work, which most of the time it does not.

Forgot to show this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A640g5gDBJA but the game now looks next gen likely because of canceling Vita and it shows, wish they did the same for Mighty No. 9 for last gen and handhelds, it just was two late for that game.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » May 3rd, 2019, 7:46 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:Wonder Woman 2017 movie of AAA Kickstarter

The lead actress might be the most attractive lady in Hollywood.

Sonicx9 wrote:Forgot to show this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A640g5gDBJA but the game now looks next gen likely because of canceling Vita and it shows, wish they did the same for Mighty No. 9 for last gen and handhelds, it just was two late for that game.

Nowadays art style pretty much is make or break. Technical accomplishments are only praiseworthy if artistically appealing. I like the way the game looks (minor complaint on the anime'ish design of character) but ultimately the gameplay is make or break here. I hope they do not make you do a castle back to front like in Symphony.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » May 3rd, 2019, 8:39 pm

DrLitch wrote:
The lead actress might be the most attractive lady in Hollywood.

True her and Scarlett Johansson are the top 2 hands down.

DrLitch wrote:
Nowadays art style pretty much is make or break. Technical accomplishments are only praiseworthy if artistically appealing. I like the way the game looks (minor complaint on the anime'ish design of character) but ultimately the gameplay is make or break here. I hope they do not make you do a castle back to front like in Symphony.

I juat hope it get 80+ on Metacritic that all.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » May 3rd, 2019, 9:17 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:I juat hope it get 80+ on Metacritic that all.

I do not really know about Metacritic. Zelda Breath of the Wild got a lot of Zero's in User reviews. Really? A Zero. I get it, game opinions, subjective, but a Zero is a s##t score, there is no lower. Negative numbers purposely not used to avoid zero being the mean - as in halfway to perfection.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » May 3rd, 2019, 9:23 pm

DrLitch wrote:
I do not really know about Metacritic. Zelda Breath of the Wild got a lot of Zero's in User reviews. Really? A Zero. I get it, game opinions, subjective, but a Zero is a s##t score, there is no lower. Negative numbers purposely not used to avoid zero being the mean - as in halfway to perfection.

I was talking about critics scores not users.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 13th, 2019, 10:08 pm

Update: Good news, it out in the wild, bad news review embargo on June 18 aka launch day.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWp2FXloCD4

Crummylion

Postby Crummylion » June 14th, 2019, 12:12 am

Sonicx9 wrote:Update: Good news, it out in the wild, bad news review embargo on June 18 aka launch day.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWp2FXloCD4

Same old bland uninteresting boxes. yawn I'm excited, but I guess I'm glad I'm going digital for this one.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 14th, 2019, 12:40 am

Crummylion wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:Update: Good news, it out in the wild, bad news review embargo on June 18 aka launch day.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWp2FXloCD4

Same old bland uninteresting boxes. yawn I'm excited, but I guess I'm glad I'm going digital for this one.

I am going to wait and see, but the embargo is somewhat of a red flag.

Return to “Modern Gaming”