The polymega

General and high profile video game topics.
matmico399

The polymega

Postby matmico399 » May 6th, 2019, 4:32 pm

I've been out of the loop for several months now dealing with family situations. I'm just starting to get around to the gaming part of my life again. I talked to a guy at a retro game store and he said they're coming out with a pretty amazing machine called the Polymega. I'm not sure if this is been brought up before. But it plays all sorts of CD-ROM based games in one system. Is anyone interested in this and know more about it? I've read the basics that sounds pretty great with 249 dollar price tag. I would love to hear some feedback.

Crummylion

Re: The polymega

Postby Crummylion » May 6th, 2019, 7:36 pm

I actually did make a thread about this a year or so back. I'm kinda optimistic about it.
Hopefully it will cost cuts for people who just want to play Saturn games and other games without breaking bank.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » May 7th, 2019, 5:56 pm

I agree I have systems and retron for my cartridges. But I would love to have an all-in-one game system plays CDs from turbo graphyx CD and Sega CD and Saturn and PS one classic games.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » May 9th, 2019, 2:13 pm

If AtariAge is to be believed, this is little more than a scam.

Reading that thread casually from time to time, the widely held feeling seems to amount to the best case scenario being that they'll eventually deliver an overpriced product that far under-delivers on their many promises (Many of which have already been backtracked on). And at worst, the gist amounts to that you'll be a sucker with a lighter wallet and nothing to show for it if you preorder it.

Definitely approach with caution and for anyone serious about it, give some thought to waiting and seeing if existing preorders are ever fulfilled and what the consensus is on the quality of the finished product. Could save you a good chunk of change and a lot of aggravation by playing the waiting game and letting other people be guinea pigs and potential fools, since this group has built very little credibility so far and been caught in several lies (Such as passing off arcade footage as a video of a Saturn game running on their system).

Not much has been presented to warrant putting faith in them or giving them access to your hard earned money. And if they do eventually deliver something worthwhile, you can always just get into the second run of it after they've proven themselves and drove off the doubters. Nothing to lose by waiting and watching, hoping they deliver on their promises.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » May 9th, 2019, 5:21 pm

If it supported the CD-i I'd actually be more interested in it. It's a cool idea regardless. I hope they bring it out at some point.

Return to “Video Games General”