2019/5/7: Dreamcast: Space Channel 5, Who Wants to Beat Up a Millionaire?

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2019/5/7: Dreamcast: Space Channel 5, Who Wants to Beat Up a Millionaire?

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 7th, 2019, 8:39 pm

New Dreamcast reviews! Space Channel 5 is a re-review (adjusted grade from B+ to B) and Who Wants to Beat Up a Millionaire (ugh) is new. Feedback welcome!

goldenband

Re: 2019/5/7: Dreamcast: Space Channel 5, Who Wants to Beat Up a Millionaire?

Postby goldenband » May 7th, 2019, 10:33 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:New Dreamcast reviews! Space Channel 5 is a re-review (adjusted grade from B+ to B) and Who Wants to Beat Up a Millionaire (ugh) is new. Feedback welcome!

A game that offers a handful of trivia questions, a few moments of wailing on some random person...and that's it? Sounds like a blast! :shock:

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » May 7th, 2019, 11:26 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:New Dreamcast reviews! Space Channel 5 is a re-review (adjusted grade from B+ to B) and Who Wants to Beat Up a Millionaire (ugh) is new. Feedback welcome!

After that dreadful Who Wants to Beat Up a Millionaire game for Dreamcast critic, I recommend you to track down the real Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? PAL import. More info here: https://segaretro.org/Who_Wants_to_Be_a_Millionaire%3F

Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... =1&_sop=15 maybe you should import and review that to wash the bad taste?

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » May 8th, 2019, 1:49 am

That Who Wants To Beat Up A Millionaire review is fantastic. I love your really negative reviews, because you're always hilarious and absolutely savage.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » May 8th, 2019, 2:11 am

I looked up some gameplay footage of Who Wants to Beat Up a Millionaire?, and the graphics are so insultingly bad that I'm not sure how I'd be offended by the "violence" even if the characters were all starving orphans. It looks like you're beating up a rubber clown. The faces are the worst part: just a blank stare and a closed mouth all the way through, no matter how much the blocky model stiffly bounces back and forth. This couldn't have taken longer than an afternoon to throw together.
Last edited by Stalvern on May 8th, 2019, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » May 8th, 2019, 2:14 am

Stalvern wrote:I looked up some gameplay footage of Who Wants to Beat Up a Millionaire, and the graphics are so insultingly bad that I'm not sure how I'd be offended by the "violence" even if the characters were all starving orphans. It looks like you're beating up a rubber clown. The faces are the worst part: just a blank stare and a closed mouth all the way through, no matter how much the blocky model stiffly bounces back and forth. This couldn't have taken longer than an afternoon to throw together.

Come on now, you're being completely unfair. It took a morning AND an afternoon to throw together.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » May 8th, 2019, 2:33 am

My mistake. I forgot how long it takes to type up all those little cards in your parents' old Trivial Pursuit set.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » May 8th, 2019, 12:26 pm

I had to double-check the calendar. It's not April 1; there really was a game called "Who Wants to Beat Up a Millionaire," & it really looked like that.

mbd36

Postby mbd36 » May 8th, 2019, 1:31 pm

Stalvern wrote:I looked up some gameplay footage of Who Wants to Beat Up a Millionaire?, and the graphics are so insultingly bad that I'm not sure how I'd be offended by the "violence" even if the characters were all starving orphans. It looks like you're beating up a rubber clown. The faces are the worst part: just a blank stare and a closed mouth all the way through, no matter how much the blocky model stiffly bounces back and forth. This couldn't have taken longer than an afternoon to throw together.

I just looked up gameplay footage. I wonder why this was on the Dreamcast. They might as well have released this shovelware on the Playstation and it wouldn't have looked any worse.

At least they could have had your opponents fight back like a poor man's Punch-Out. It would have made for a slightly more interesting, less deplorable game. But that would have required a little more effort from the developers.

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » May 9th, 2019, 10:44 am

Any chance of a Space Channel 5 – Part 2 review? The Dreamcast version was only released in Japan, but it was released for the PS2 over here.

Return to “Review Feedback”