What systems do you want to see more reviews for?

General and high profile video game topics.
pacman000

Re: What systems do you want to see more reviews for?

Postby pacman000 » May 15th, 2019, 8:46 am

I'd have to vote for the Game Boy. It was my introduction to Nintendo-style games.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » May 15th, 2019, 12:24 pm

pacman000 wrote:I'd have to vote for the Game Boy. It was my introduction to Nintendo-style games.

Man, you are guys are mean. That's one gross system to have to play games on these days!

hehe, although would it count if you use any of the Gameboy TV adapters? Wasn't there an adapter for the SNES and Gamecube?

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » May 15th, 2019, 12:51 pm

I have many fond memories of Metroid II, Link's Awakening, Warii Land, DKL trilogy, Quarth, Lion King, Galaga/Galaxian, Mega Man II, IV n V, Star Trek 25thAnniversary, TMNT, and countless others.

Still discovering Game Boy games I never could play, like X and TMNT3...

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » May 15th, 2019, 12:54 pm

pacman000 wrote:I'd have to vote for the Game Boy. It was my introduction to Nintendo-style games.

I agree. It's pretty surprising to see the lack of game reviews for the system on this site. Especially when you take into account the sheer amount of games released for the Game Boy during it's lifespan..

noah98

Postby noah98 » May 15th, 2019, 6:23 pm

mbd36 wrote:
noah98 wrote:
lynchie137 wrote:For systems that you done reviews for, I'd like to see more for the SG-1000. And for systems that you've yet to do a review for, I'd like to see an overview for the TI-99 followed by a few game reviews.

I would love to see TI 99/4a reviews! Such a fun system with many unique games on cartridge. Also, lots of great arcade ports. The TI version of Burgertime is the best in my humble opinion, even better than the Colecovision and Intellivision versions (also both excellent).

Colecovision Burgertime looks better based on seeing both on Youtube. But it's entirely possible that the TI port plays better.

TI and Colecovision have very similar specs though. It's like a computer with CV graphics and that isn't the ADAM.

I played Munch Mobile on my next door neighbor's TI when I was a kid. I didn't learn until much more recently that it was a port of an obscure SNK arcade game.

I have the Colecovision, Intellivision, and TI versions, and I just like the way the TI version plays the most. The Colecovision version has better graphics, although the screen is pushed to the left to make it closer to the arcade aspect ratio. I'm sure in Youtube videos the TI version doesn't look special, but to me, it's the most fun.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » May 15th, 2019, 7:05 pm

ActRaiser wrote:

Man, you are guys are mean. That's one gross system to have to play games on these days!
I usually play on a GBC or GBA, right next to a lamp.

hehe, although would it count if you use any of the Gameboy TV adapters? Wasn't there an adapter for the SNES and Gamecube?
Yes, the Super Game Boy & the Game Boy Player. I think he usually reviews them on the Game Boy Player.

If we're talking about pie-in-the-sky things I'd like to see SuperVision or Gamate reviews. More realistically, I'd also like to see reviews of the ST to Jaguar ports Atari Age offers.

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » May 22nd, 2019, 5:00 am

Your review sections for the Game Boy and Game Boy Color are woefully sparse. So many great games you could review: Super Mario Land, Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden coins, Wario Land-Wario Land III, Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal, X, Solar Striker, Motocross Maniacs, Shantae, Wendy: Every Witch Way, Mega Man V, Fortified Zone, Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets, Mario Golf, Metroid II, Kirby's Dream Land 1 and 2, etc.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » May 24th, 2019, 12:45 pm

Anything Sega.

Return to “Video Games General”