Golf Story (Switch)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Golf Story (Switch)

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 27th, 2019, 11:52 am

The old-school graphics have charm, but the golf itself is lacking. I really wish I could get a birdseye view, because the courses are like cluttered mazes.

Rev

Re: Golf Story (Switch)

Postby Rev » May 27th, 2019, 12:04 pm

I agree. One of my biggest complaints of this game (besides all the errands you run in the game that are not Golf related) was not being able to see the whole course while golfing. All you can ever do is stretch the camera a bit past your max drive length. When the courses can be huge, not having a birds eye view is crazy. There are several instances where you might want to risk hitting on the side, to shave off length on the courses but if you haven't played the course several times you have no idea where you can do that.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » May 27th, 2019, 10:39 pm

Oh no.. don't tell me Golf Story is another overrated indie. I was looking forward to that one and actually bought the physical copy on Switch so I wouldn't miss out - even though I don't own a Switch yet. But it wouldn't surprise me if it's not as good as the reviews all claimed.

Rev

Postby Rev » May 28th, 2019, 11:43 am

I don't think the game is bad by any means, just has some obvious flaws. I still found the game enjoyable but probably a C game.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 5th, 2019, 12:07 pm

Still playing this, and enjoying despite the occasional frustration. Two things it has going for it:

- the whole concept of a golf RPG is very original. Never played anything quite like this.
- there's a lot of dialog but it is so well written! Highly entertaining and light hearted.

Grade moving upwards...

Voor

Postby Voor » July 5th, 2019, 6:02 pm

Dialog? Geez. Perhaps my #1 complaint. Every game these days needs a story.

Return to “Now Playing”