Konami planing a TurboGrafx-16 Mini!

General and high profile video game topics.
Sonicx9

Konami planing a TurboGrafx-16 Mini!

Postby Sonicx9 » June 12th, 2019, 12:23 pm

https://www.dualshockers.com/konami-tur ... konami-e3/

This is basically the Sega Genesis Mini main rival, and even though we do not know who's doing it, hope it M2. And here is the lineup for the west and Japan so far.

West version:

R-Type from Hudson Soft now Konami with Irem license
New Adventure Island from Hudson Soft now Konami
Ninja Spirit from Irem
Ys Book I & II from Hudson Soft now Konami with Nihon Falcom license
Dungeon Explorer from Hudson Soft now Konami
Alien Crush from Naxat Soft later sold the Crush right to Hudson Soft now Konam

Japan version exclusives:

Bonk’s Adventure from Hudson Soft now Konami with Red co-production.
Dracula X from Konami
The Kung Fu/China Warrior from Hudson Soft now Konami
Super Star Soldier from Hudson Soft now Konami with Kaneko co-production.

Not final lineup, but seems better then the hot garbage PlayStation classic.

ActRaiser

Re: Konami planing a TurboGrafx-16 Mini!

Postby ActRaiser » June 12th, 2019, 1:17 pm

And Konami wins E3!!!

That's awesome. The little Turbo is one awesome machine. Kudos to Konami for coming out with it. I've been wanting a compilation of PC Engine/Turbo games and this solves that problem.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 12th, 2019, 1:40 pm

ActRaiser wrote:And Konami wins E3!!!

That's awesome. The little Turbo is one awesome machine. Kudos to Konami for coming out with it. I've been wanting a compilation of PC Engine/Turbo games and this solves that problem.

Hope it goes well.

JWK

Postby JWK » June 12th, 2019, 2:57 pm

NORTH AMERICA GETS RONDO OF BLOOD OR WE RIOT!!!

Okay, it’s already confirmed for Japan so we’ll *probably* get it, but still... We gotta have Rondo. Now that I think about it, this is probably why it wasn’t released in Konami’s Castlevania Collection. Whatever. Good on Konami for doing this. The company has also worked with M2 in the past, so maybe we’ll get really good emulation, too? Obviously, the Genesis Classic is the mini console to beat with 42 titles, a bunch of phenomenal stuff I thought we’d never see (Monster World 4, Wily Wars, Genny Tetris, etc) and M2’s emulation chops, but the TG16 Mini could still end up being a big winner. Give us Rondo, Gradius 1 & 2, Bomberman 94, Spriggan, Gates & Lords of Thunder, Parasol Stars, Splatterhouse and some of the other heavy hitters and I’ll be happy.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » June 12th, 2019, 3:12 pm

Years and years ago I bought a PC Engine Duo R to play most of the library. It would be awesome if I could use this little guy instead and not have to muck with it.

Kudos on suggesting Gates and Lords of Thunder. Those games are phenomenal shooters. 5 player Bomberman for the win.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 12th, 2019, 3:23 pm

JWK wrote:NORTH AMERICA GETS RONDO OF BLOOD OR WE RIOT!!!

Okay, it’s already confirmed for Japan so we’ll *probably* get it, but still... We gotta have Rondo. Now that I think about it, this is probably why it wasn’t released in Konami’s Castlevania Collection. Whatever. Good on Konami for doing this. The company has also worked with M2 in the past, so maybe we’ll get really good emulation, too? Obviously, the Genesis Classic is the mini console to beat with 42 titles, a bunch of phenomenal stuff I thought we’d never see (Monster World 4, Wily Wars, Genny Tetris, etc) and M2’s emulation chops, but the TG16 Mini could still end up being a big winner. Give us Rondo, Gradius 1 & 2, Bomberman 94, Spriggan, Gates & Lords of Thunder, Parasol Stars, Splatterhouse and some of the other heavy hitters and I’ll be happy.

ActRaiser wrote:Years and years ago I bought a PC Engine Duo R to play most of the library. It would be awesome if I could use this little guy instead and not have to muck with it.

Kudos on suggesting Gates and Lords of Thunder. Those games are phenomenal shooters. 5 player Bomberman for the win.

As long as it has quality emulation namily from M2 and has a quality line up, I am sold.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » June 12th, 2019, 4:26 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:As long as it has quality emulation namily from M2 and has a quality line up, I am sold.

As long as Sony isn't involved, we should be good. Hopefully, they have longer than 6 months to deliver it. From what I read that was the problem with Playstation mini. They were given crazy dates. It's a wonder it even booted up successfully.

You're right though, the emulation on it needs to be spot on.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 13th, 2019, 1:14 am

ActRaiser wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:As long as it has quality emulation namily from M2 and has a quality line up, I am sold.

As long as Sony isn't involved, we should be good. Hopefully, they have longer than 6 months to deliver it. From what I read that was the problem with Playstation mini. They were given crazy dates. It's a wonder it even booted up successfully.

You're right though, the emulation on it needs to be spot on.

If M2 on board and has great emulation and line up, then I am sold.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » June 13th, 2019, 8:20 am

Howly Cow, this is not a joke, right?

I had given up hope of seeing a PC Engine/TG16 Mini with Konami seemingly not caring about the old NEC/Hudson licenses.

I'm sold! Where do I preorder? :-D

Also, if the emulation is anything like the Wii VC, that alone would be awesome! If M2 somehow did it, that'd be icing on the delicious cake...

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 13th, 2019, 12:09 pm

MSR1701 wrote:Howly Cow, this is not a joke, right?

I had given up hope of seeing a PC Engine/TG16 Mini with Konami seemingly not caring about the old NEC/Hudson licenses.

I'm sold! Where do I preorder? :-D

Also, if the emulation is anything like the Wii VC, that alone would be awesome! If M2 somehow did it, that'd be icing on the delicious cake...

Sadly pre-orders are not open yet, and info on who is handling the emulation is TBA?

Return to “Video Games General”