2019/6/12: Xbox: Aquaman

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2019/6/12: Xbox: Aquaman

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 12th, 2019, 7:17 pm

My friend recently picked this off my shelf and we started getting into it. So I decided to re-review it, and raised its F to a D.
If you enjoyed the recent movie you may want to check this out.

BlasteroidAli

Re: 2019/6/12: Xbox: Aquaman

Postby BlasteroidAli » June 12th, 2019, 7:46 pm

That looks amazingly average. Thanks for the review. I had never ever heard of it. Though even with a good review I will never be buying it.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » June 13th, 2019, 1:03 pm

Very interesting re-review. With this D score, Critic, you may have just become the biggest fan of Xbox Aquaman in the world.

I know nothing about the game itself - I've never played it. But I do know it has been beaten and battered for 15 years now by critics and gamers, appearing alongside the likes of E.T. and Superman 64 on many "Worst Games of All-Time" lists (it's actually #41 on your list too).

According to GameRankings.com, the Gamecube version of the game had an average review score of 25% from professional critics (10 total reviews), while the Xbox version averaged a 31% (16 total reviews). With those scores, it's one of the worst reviewed games ever. The best score it received back in the day was a D from a critic at Play Magazine, clearly a man ahead of his time. So after all the negative I've heard about the game, I found it interesting to read your take that put a little positive spin on it.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 13th, 2019, 11:15 pm

It's funny how some games age better than others. In 2003 Aquaman make have seemed very generic and derivative. However in 2019 fighting games like this aren't very common, so it gives you a different perspective. Plus, having seen the movie this version of Aquaman makes more sense (based on one of the comic book incarnations).

My friend Eric and I were passing the controller back and forth working through the stages the other weekend. Then one time I went to pass it to him and he was asleep! Granted, my game chairs are comfortable. Later I asked him what he thought of the game and he said I could give it a D... BUT NO HIGHER THAN THAT. I get that a lot. LOL

Return to “Review Feedback”