Time to stock up on cheap 360 games.

General and high profile video game topics.
matmico399

Time to stock up on cheap 360 games.

Postby matmico399 » June 13th, 2019, 5:34 pm

I went to GameStop today for probably the first time in about eight months. I am much like Dave, I definitely want physical media if possible. I was shocked and how cheap 360 games are there now. I picked up Black ops 3, Payday 2, 007 Bloodstone and Max Payne 3 4 under $20. My biggest disappointment was Black ops 3. It's terrible compared to the first two. Bloodstone is fun for cheap game, Payday 2 is a lot of fun and my biggest surprise was Max Payne 3. MP3 the graphics in the harsh storyline and the action are unbelievable. How was this game overlooked? Of course all four we're only discs. But I have enough extra game cases and can print my own artwork for the covers. Only thing missing is the manuals. Check out GameStop if you want cheap 360 games, now is the time to collect.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Time to stock up on cheap 360 games.

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 13th, 2019, 9:15 pm

Another good reason to stock up is that it was Xbox 360 generation was the last to have fully-realized standalone games. Many of the PS4 and Xbox One games will probably not work very in the future due to their reliance on temporary servers. As long as you has a working 360 (always a challenge) your games will work.

_craker_

Postby _craker_ » June 16th, 2019, 6:27 pm

Yeah, PS3 too. My local charity shop has got rows of Ps3 games for £2.50 each - Devil May Cry 4, Syndicate, boxing games, motion games. The guy behind the counter saw my interest and told me he had loads more in the back. Do I / Don't I? I could walk out with an armful of games for £20 which I wont play any time soon (I've been raiding that shop for years now..)

Tempted to get an XB360 just so I can clear this place out too.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » June 16th, 2019, 7:57 pm

Craker get an Xbox 360 system now. It's so cheap and the games are almost unlimited and prices so low. I tried joining the 8th gen once, but returned it because the download times were ridiculous and I don't have the fastest internet. So I've just stuck with 7th gen games and those before. I want to play 10 minutes after I put the cartridge or disc in. I am passing on the 8th gen as II through the 7th gen already have more quality games then I can play. Pretty soon I'm planning on buying PS3 so I can load up on those sheep games. I have zero interest in the 8th gen but to those that enjoy it, hats off to you.

djc

Postby djc » June 16th, 2019, 9:08 pm

I can't tell you the last time I bought a game and actually played it. I buy games all the time for a number of systems but I don't ever play them. I basically just catalog them (to prevent me from buying a duplicate in the future) and put them on a shelf.

Regarding 360 systems, it seems like every time I head into a local thrift store, there is always at least one 360 system for sale. I've picked up one or two (as extras) but it's interesting to see them. I've never seen a PS3 there though as of yet.

Return to “Video Games General”