The Masters - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 (PS3)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Breaker

The Masters - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 (PS3)

Postby Breaker » June 17th, 2019, 2:16 am

This is easily my favorite "recent" golf game, even though it is 7 years old. I go back to it constantly. The courses look great, and the computer players put up a reasonable challenge.

There are (or maybe, were) plenty of micro- transactions in the game, but only one is necessary if you want to do the career mode. I've never joined the online servers, so I have no idea what that mode offered, but I never felt I needed anything other than what was on the disc. The commentary by Jim Nance and David Feherty is usually spot on.

My minor quibble is that the spectators all act like robots... they all do the same thing. A little variety would have gone a long way. Even after countless rounds, there are still things that give me challenges, like intermediate power shots. Anything in the 55 - 75% range is still very challenging to get perfect.

This one just feels good to me, and that's really all I need for a game to be on frequent rotation on my consoles.

ASalvaro

Re: The Masters - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 (PS3)

Postby ASalvaro » June 17th, 2019, 5:29 pm

Breaker wrote:This is easily my favorite "recent" golf game, even though it is 7 years old. I go back to it constantly. The courses look great, and the computer players put up a reasonable challenge.

There are (or maybe, were) plenty of micro- transactions in the game, but only one is necessary if you want to do the career mode. I've never joined the online servers, so I have no idea what that mode offered, but I never felt I needed anything other than what was on the disc. The commentary by Jim Nance and David Feherty is usually spot on.

My minor quibble is that the spectators all act like robots... they all do the same thing. A little variety would have gone a long way. Even after countless rounds, there are still things that give me challenges, like intermediate power shots. Anything in the 55 - 75% range is still very challenging to get perfect.

This one just feels good to me, and that's really all I need for a game to be on frequent rotation on my consoles.

i have a question..do u go up against other golfers like in the old PGA Golf Tour? what i mean is you play your round of golf and at the end of the round they show you the leader board of where you stand against the computer controlled golfers..is it like that?

Breaker

Postby Breaker » June 18th, 2019, 1:49 am

ASalvaro wrote:i have a question..do u go up against other golfers like in the old PGA Golf Tour? what i mean is you play your round of golf and at the end of the round they show you the leader board of where you stand against the computer controlled golfers..is it like that?

Yes, if you are playing in a tournament. You can play skins or match play where you see your computer opponent take each of their shots.

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » June 18th, 2019, 5:03 am

Breaker wrote:
ASalvaro wrote:i have a question..do u go up against other golfers like in the old PGA Golf Tour? what i mean is you play your round of golf and at the end of the round they show you the leader board of where you stand against the computer controlled golfers..is it like that?

Yes, if you are playing in a tournament. You can play skins or match play where you see your computer opponent take each of their shots.

Pretty cool,I think I'm gonna get this

Return to “Now Playing”