Rocket League - Radical Summer

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
C64_Critic

Rocket League - Radical Summer

Postby C64_Critic » June 22nd, 2019, 12:31 am

Any one else checking in with Rocket League lately? They're doing a Radical Summer thing, with lots of 80's goodness. I love how for a $15 game, they just keep on pumping out new and different content constantly, most of which is perfectly free. RL is the gift that keeps on giving!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Rocket League - Radical Summer

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 22nd, 2019, 10:57 am

Scott -
I have you to thank for originally buying me this one! I've turned so many people onto it. And since it has a variety of arenas and variations, the game is actually seasonally-correct year round!
Good times

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 22nd, 2019, 9:49 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Scott -
I have you to thank for originally buying me this one! I've turned so many people onto it. And since it has a variety of arenas and variations, the game is actually seasonally-correct year round!
Good times

A little late Critic, because you love Rocket League on PS4, you may want to consider getting the Switch version under the name Rocket League Ultimate Edition: https://www.amazon.com/Rocket-League-Ul ... B07G3SRKNY as it based on the newer more polished version of the said game, as the PS4 version you review is the old/outdated 505 Games version which is out of print and replaced with the newer WB Games version over time both regular and Ultimate Edition on PS4 and Switch regular and Ultimate Edition for the same thing. According to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3p8ybyUeAw The version you have is 1.17 on PS4, but if you get the Switch Ultimate Edition version it based on 1.42: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQgSmNi79k4 with some DLC included on cart/disc depending on the system.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » June 28th, 2019, 2:30 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Scott -
Good times

I may consider it my single biggest contribution to the VGC canon and website; this game was such an under-the-radar hit, I knew I had to expose you to it (not a euphemism). I think I've clocked close to 100 hours playing this game on and off since I first purchased it back in July of 2016, which may not sound like a lot but considering how little time I put towards gaming it's quite a testament. It's the Warlords of our time, it will never get old for couch-drinking gamers to fire up a match and have at it for a few rounds!

bluenote

Postby bluenote » June 28th, 2019, 2:51 pm

I play this with my kids and we have an absolute blast! It's just so much fun

Return to “Modern Gaming”