The 360

The readers post their own reviews.
mathematician

The 360

Postby mathematician » December 2nd, 2006, 9:03 pm

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]
If you have a gripe against Microsoft, you should just come out and say so.  A lot of people do.  But don't act like you gave the system a fair chance because we're not buying it.
[/QUOTE]

It should be obvious that if one spends $500 on a system they are at least that much interested and optimistic about the system. I originally went out to buy the wii, but I arrived moments too late, so I purchased the 360 instead. If I have to prove I purchased the 360 then there is really no point corresponding in such a forum, its ridiculous and pointless.

I have no problems running XP, and looking forward to Vista, so I don't have any problems with MS there. I was honestly disappointed with the 360 overall, sure parts of the review were obviously a tad over exaggerated just to emphasize on the dislikes I had about the system, but surely any somewhat intelligent individual would see that and not take it to heart.

You all can be a lot of fun and then some can take it to ridiculous levels, but overall this is one of the more fun forums I have contributed to. Lets keep it that way.

ActRaiser1

The 360

Postby ActRaiser1 » December 4th, 2006, 2:59 pm

[QUOTE=mathematician]

[QUOTE=The Video Game Critic]
If you have a gripe against Microsoft, you should just come out and say so.  A lot of people do.  But don't act like you gave the system a fair chance because we're not buying it.
[/QUOTE]

It should be obvious that if one spends $500 on a system they are at least that much interested and optimistic about the system. I originally went out to buy the wii, but I arrived moments too late, so I purchased the 360 instead. If I have to prove I purchased the 360 then there is really no point corresponding in such a forum, its ridiculous and pointless.

I have no problems running XP, and looking forward to Vista, so I don't have any problems with MS there. I was honestly disappointed with the 360 overall, sure parts of the review were obviously a tad over exaggerated just to emphasize on the dislikes I had about the system, but surely any somewhat intelligent individual would see that and not take it to heart.

You all can be a lot of fun and then some can take it to ridiculous levels, but overall this is one of the more fun forums I have contributed to. Lets keep it that way.

[/QUOTE]

So, let's get this straight, you blew $600 on a 360 in a spur of the moment picking your games randomly.

Here's a formula for you

mathematician + xbox 360 + 6 random games = d.u.m.b.a.s.s.

There's a legitimate reason we all check review sites, ie so we won't blow our money on crap.  Nice to know you do though; as a result, we can safely assume the rest of your opinions are similar in nature without research or validity.

Atarifever1

The 360

Postby Atarifever1 » December 4th, 2006, 4:47 pm

I hope the "Nintendo fans rule the VGC site" conspiracy theorists are watching this.  I've never seen a guy attacked so hard on this website as I see Math being attacke over this Xbox 360 review.

Leo Ames

The 360

Postby Leo Ames » December 4th, 2006, 5:37 pm

Some Xbox 360's actually had the hard drive shipped unattached, was yours Mathmatician?

voor

The 360

Postby voor » December 4th, 2006, 5:58 pm

sorry, nothing against math personally, it's just the way he structured his review was more like a 'rant' than a review--that made us seriously doubt that he actually owned the system.

ActRaiser1

The 360

Postby ActRaiser1 » December 5th, 2006, 8:36 am

yeah, sorry too, I guess I was a little hard on the Beaver.

bluemonkey1

The 360

Postby bluemonkey1 » December 5th, 2006, 1:33 pm

Does beaver mean the same thing in the US as here?

m0zart1

The 360

Postby m0zart1 » December 5th, 2006, 2:21 pm

[QUOTE=bluemonkey]

Does beaver mean the same thing in the US as here?

[/QUOTE]

Before this turns profane, yes it has that snide meaning, but in this case it was a cultural reference.

There was a TV show about this boy named "Beaver Cleaver" that was popular in the late 50s/early 60s.  It was common in that program to hear someone say "I was a little hard on the Beaver", referring to being to cruel to that particular kid on that particular show.  The show was even called "Leave it to Beaver".

Alienblue

The 360

Postby Alienblue » December 6th, 2006, 7:45 am

Sorry I came to this wonderful party so late, Math-guy! Everyone, I know Mathmatecian and while I cannot honestly say I agree , because I have never tried a 360 myself, I can say these things:

1. I thought "The 360" was a submarine game. Choose titles carefully, everyone! "THE XBOX 360 review!"

2. Math-guy bought this system mainly for SOMEONE else, his brother, so he was not dumb or wasting money. He was just curious and tried it himself (typical of gamers, I have recieved gifts of games that were opened!-and have done it myself!)
He merely wrote a reveiew of HIS opinions, obviously not those of the majority. But isn't this a good thing? I wish more people had been honest about METEOS not being the most fantastic, perfect, utterley must own or die game ever, because I am in the minority that think it was boring and bland. So mathy thinks the 360 is a bad system; a minority opinion but I'm sure he is not the only one.

3. Both Zen and Mathmatician are nice guys I know, but I admit they are quite often "brutally honest" in their reviews of stuff and do NOT like the mainstream stuff a lot of us DO like. I do not always agree with Zen or MathmaticianO but I respect their opinions and it often makes me think twice about a game. Although I usually go more by what the VGC says, often their points make me think enough to stay away from something. Two examples are Rub rabbits and Point blank. I didn't listen to Zen on Rub Rabbits and I now wish I had, it is a terrible game! So I listened to him on Point Blank, a game I was considering, and bought TWO other classic games instead, which I bet I'm much happier with!

4. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you disagree, you can say so without calling the reviewer a complete liar or a
JackA$$. I hate Meteos, so either I never actually played it or I'm a JA right? riiiiight. (so what is that game in the METEOS box sitting on my bed stand collecting dust?)

Ok, sermon over. Last point, I Am NOT defending these two because they are my freinds, I would say the same for ANYone on here. Shawn, Actraiser, Koopa...even that weird JA Alienblue have a right to their opinions. Controversy is good, debate is good; I love science and first thing you learn is to expect a lot of crticism for new ideas or theories...just trying to keep things respectful (unless you are being humorous)- AB, the JA!

bluemonkey1

The 360

Postby bluemonkey1 » December 6th, 2006, 1:29 pm

My issue with his review was based on the factual innacuracies.   I couldn't believe it when he didn't even know about Hexic and then made some excuse about it not being in the box or something.

Return to “Reader Reviews”