i'm very excited about the upcoming Intellivision Amico

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Buttermancan

Re: i'm very excited about the upcoming Intellivision Amico

Postby Buttermancan » July 5th, 2019, 4:10 pm

ASalvaro wrote:
VideoGameCritic wrote:Does this have a cartridge slot, or is it all digital?

some new info about physical media for the Intellivision Amico

"8 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
YES! I can confirm that we will have physical media! I just can't comment on the "type" right now as we are still in the patent process. Trust me... it's SUPER COOL!! :)

Although we won't be putting a cartridge slot on the new machine (I could and would if it was super cheap... but it's actually quite expensive) but if a 3rd party person wants to do a cart slot as an "add-on" that hooks up USB... I think that would be super cool and we would totally support it if it passes our quality control, licensing, etc.

But if you love carts... we have a nice surprise coming next year when we make some announcements."

How far away is the release? It's weird they're not announcing the physical media they'll be using!

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » July 5th, 2019, 4:25 pm

Offhand sounds like next year, which would be normal for development time of new hardware after unveiling. Typically the unveiling happens after you have the major idea worked out and licenses/patents/legalities straight.

Thus far I'm having more faith in this than, say, the Coleco Chameleon. (Then again, that one sounded like fantasy from minute one...)

ASalvaro

Postby ASalvaro » July 5th, 2019, 5:30 pm

Buttermancan wrote:
ASalvaro wrote:
VideoGameCritic wrote:Does this have a cartridge slot, or is it all digital?

some new info about physical media for the Intellivision Amico

"8 hours ago, Tommy Tallarico said:
YES! I can confirm that we will have physical media! I just can't comment on the "type" right now as we are still in the patent process. Trust me... it's SUPER COOL!! :)

Although we won't be putting a cartridge slot on the new machine (I could and would if it was super cheap... but it's actually quite expensive) but if a 3rd party person wants to do a cart slot as an "add-on" that hooks up USB... I think that would be super cool and we would totally support it if it passes our quality control, licensing, etc.

But if you love carts... we have a nice surprise coming next year when we make some announcements."

How far away is the release? It's weird they're not announcing the physical media they'll be using!

still a long way off 10/10/20

if any of you guys have any questions about the Amico Tommy Tallarico has a thread set up on Atari age under the Intellivision forum and is always happy to answer them

Return to “Classic Gaming”