Platoon (NES)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Herschie

Platoon (NES)

Postby Herschie » July 7th, 2019, 8:13 pm

Somebody once wrote: 'Hell is the impossibility of reason.' That's what this game feels like. Hell. I hate it already, and it's only been five minutes. The hardest thing I've ever done was pick up the controller and play this. I have no idea what I'm doing. A VC could get a cheap hit in from out of nowhere and I wouldn't even know it! I'm so tired of this game. And they say, if you're going to glitch-out, it's better that you get it in the first few minutes. The logic being that you don't suffer that much. I don't think I can keep this up for fifteen minutes. I think I've made a big mistake buying this game.

But whattaya want me to do? Not play this so some lame-o just in from the world can get his beauty sleep? Nah!

Day by day I struggle to maintain not only my strength but also my sanity. It's all a blur. I have no energy to play. I don't know what's right or wrong anymore. The morale of the men is low, a civil war in the platoon. Half the men with Elias, half with Barnes. There's a lot of suspicion and hate. I can't believe we're fighting LJN, when we should be fighting them.

In all reality, I asked my friend if he ever bought a mistake that he just can't return. He told me to keep my pecker hard and my powder dry, and the world will turn!

Teddybear

Re: Platoon (NES)

Postby Teddybear » July 8th, 2019, 6:49 am

I just watched Platoon on Netflix Saturday night so this is timely and fresh! Very funny stuff!

And if there's a heaven and God I hope there is, Elias is up there drunk as a monkey and playing the Commodore 64 version of Platoon.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » July 8th, 2019, 7:59 am

Herschie wrote:Somebody once wrote: 'Hell is the impossibility of reason.' That's what this game feels like. Hell. I hate it already, and it's only been five minutes. The hardest thing I've ever done was pick up the controller and play this. I have no idea what I'm doing. A VC could get a cheap hit in from out of nowhere and I wouldn't even know it!

That's called verisimilitude.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » July 8th, 2019, 1:21 pm

Great review and great paraphrasing. That review was it classic. And yes I remember having platoon on my commodore 64. It was horrid. You nailed it my friend

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » July 8th, 2019, 10:46 pm

Oh crap, I have this game sitting on my shelf here - do I dare line it up for a review? I cringe at the thought now!

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » July 9th, 2019, 9:11 am

Please do C64!

Herschie

Postby Herschie » July 9th, 2019, 11:18 am

Glad you all like my reviews. This game buku sucks! Made me spray skeeter repellent on my hands so I wouldn't have to play.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » July 9th, 2019, 3:02 pm

C64 if You have Aliens on Your shelf please review. I played that gàme endlessly on my 64.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 9th, 2019, 9:47 pm

C64_Critic wrote:Oh crap, I have this game sitting on my shelf here - do I dare line it up for a review? I cringe at the thought now!

As the esteemed C64 Critic, you sir have an OBLIGATION to review this game!
That game isn't there for a staring contest! DO IT!!

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » July 9th, 2019, 10:16 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:As the esteemed C64 Critic, you sir have an OBLIGATION to review this game!
That game isn't there for a staring contest! DO IT!!

Since you can't foist bad games on me in person these days you're going to do it virtually? There's no escape! And I'm pretty sure I do have Aliens around here, somewhere... gotta bang out my reviews of "Crush, Crumble, and Chomp" and "Gunship!" first though.

Return to “Now Playing”