2019/7/9: Nintendo Switch: Golf Story

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2019/7/9: Nintendo Switch: Golf Story

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 9th, 2019, 9:42 pm

Here's another winner for the Nintendo Switch! Thoughts...?

Kevin

Re: 2019/7/9: Nintendo Switch: Golf Story

Postby Kevin » July 9th, 2019, 10:25 pm

Haven't played this game but it sounds a lot like Mario golf for Gameboy color and advance. They were golf RPGs as well. You should check them out if you haven't. The Mario tennis games for those systems were rpg like as well. Been meaning to get a copy of that tennis game for turbografx. Thanks for reminding me about it

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » July 9th, 2019, 10:38 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Here's another winner for the Nintendo Switch! Thoughts...?

Good review, but where are the reviews for both Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy and Atari Flashback Classics on the Nintendo Switch. At the rate the reviews are going, it going to become Duke Nukem Forever 2.0, LOL! It a joke so do not take that seriously.

But on the positive side, it better then the disappointing Sonic Team Racing game on Switch, LOL!

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » July 10th, 2019, 2:08 am

Been looking forward to this review - thanks for posting it. I own Golf Story - the only Switch game I own, even though I don't own a Switch. I bought the Limited Run Games physical release version when it came out, for two reasons: (1) the premise so intrigued me that I felt like I would want to try this game someday, especially because it is a unique mash-up of two of my favorite genres (sports and RPGs); and (2) I was worried the physical copies would be rare and expensive by the time I finally bought a Switch. However, after reading your take, I'm a lot less compelled to ever play this game. It sounds fun and interesting to a degree, but with my backlog being so big I just don't see this one warranting the time commitment for me to make it a priority. But I did enjoy the review.

travistouchdown

Postby travistouchdown » July 11th, 2019, 8:17 am

After reading this review i'm more tempted to play it.

I love golf games; especially older 2d ones and early 3D ones. Neo Turf Masters on Neo Geo gets a lot of play, as does Fred Couples golf on 32x. It looks like "Earthbound" for Snes coupled with a decent golf sim.

May pick it up the next time i'm at Best Buy. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Review Feedback”