Konami planing a TurboGrafx-16 Mini!

General and high profile video game topics.
MSR1701

Re: Konami planing a TurboGrafx-16 Mini!

Postby MSR1701 » July 18th, 2019, 12:43 pm

Not a fan of having redundant versions present and counting each instance as it's own game; I expect that from the bootleg import systems I see at the fleamarket, not from a major mini console release.

I get that it would be easier for production to include the same releases in all markets, but it does come across as rather tacky and half-true. "Hey, this has 50 games! Wait, why do I see the same game twice?"

Still, the lineup is still solid, though I would have loved to see more CD games included.

Also, I *LOVE* the fact that each region is receiving a different version of the system. Very cool, and with all games the same in all markets, you can try to get the shell you prefer.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » July 18th, 2019, 1:16 pm

This is apparently an Amazon Prime only pre-order, so I'll pass.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » July 18th, 2019, 1:18 pm

I was so excited when I saw Snatcher.....but when I saw that it was a Japanese import, I got bummed. Without being able to read a lick of Japanese, games of that ilk are basically worthless to me. Man, I was really hoping to finally get the chance to play Snatcher!

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » July 18th, 2019, 2:30 pm

BanjoPickles wrote:I was so excited when I saw Snatcher.....but when I saw that it was a Japanese import, I got bummed. Without being able to read a lick of Japanese, games of that ilk are basically worthless to me. Man, I was really hoping to finally get the chance to play Snatcher!

I'll my eat my hat if there's not a way to swap ROMs in a month or two, if that. It's incredibly time consuming to create an embedded system that can't be hacked.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » July 18th, 2019, 2:31 pm

Most likely will be hacked shortly after launch.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » July 18th, 2019, 9:55 pm

ActRaiser wrote:
They each come with both sets of games. You'll get roughly 50 games in total.

It's a unique solution to providing top games from both countries.

I'm in.

Hoping that this one will not cost over $100. Spent that on a PS1 Classic and not one of my best purchases.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » July 19th, 2019, 7:26 pm

DrLitch wrote:What? No Rondo for US Version?

I am really looking forward to this mini console. I never had a TG-16 and every title I have played has been via emulation.

Same here. Which makes this news all the more exciting. And if the final lineup of games includes such classic titles like Splatterhouse, Devil's Crush and 1943, then I'll be grabbing myself one of these babies...

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » July 20th, 2019, 8:44 pm

Rather late, but here goes nothing.

I am really looking forward to this mini console. I never had a TG-16 and every title I have played has been via emulation.

It does come with Rondo your mistaken.

ActRaiser wrote:
They each come with both sets of games. You'll get roughly 50 games in total.

It's a unique solution to providing top games from both countries.

I'm in.

It is the only problem is the language barrier for some of the included titles.

MSR1701 wrote:Not a fan of having redundant versions present and counting each instance as it's own game; I expect that from the bootleg import systems I see at the fleamarket, not from a major mini console release.

I get that it would be easier for production to include the same releases in all markets, but it does come across as rather tacky and half-true. "Hey, this has 50 games! Wait, why do I see the same game twice?"

Still, the lineup is still solid, though I would have loved to see more CD games included.

Also, I *LOVE* the fact that each region is receiving a different version of the system. Very cool, and with all games the same in all markets, you can try to get the shell you prefer.

About the redundant version games by region it should have been US/EU have only the english version Ys Book I & II as a great example.

Gentlegamer wrote:This is apparently an Amazon Prime only pre-order, so I'll pass.

Hopefully GameStop and other stores take it later on.

BanjoPickles wrote:I was so excited when I saw Snatcher.....but when I saw that it was a Japanese import, I got bummed. Without being able to read a lick of Japanese, games of that ilk are basically worthless to me. Man, I was really hoping to finally get the chance to play Snatcher!

You are not wrong but hopefully if M2 is involved which is TBA, they may translate the more text heavy titles, but we have a long way before march 20, 2020.

lynchie137 wrote:Same here. Which makes this news all the more exciting. And if the final lineup of games includes such classic titles like Splatterhouse, Devil's Crush and 1943, then I'll be grabbing myself one of these babies...

Those 3 are rather odd being left out as Capcom is in the system for Daimakaimura aka Ghouls 'n Ghosts, and Bandai Namco is not represented at all, even though the far better arcade version is available on the Switch via Namco Museum (both stand alone digital and Arcade Pac physical). And why Alien Crush over the far better Devil's Crush is beyond me!

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » July 21st, 2019, 3:17 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:Rather late, but here goes nothing.

That is awesome.

Any ideas when PreOrders are going to happen? I nearly never early adopt but what happened with price gouging during the NES/SNES Classic....

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » July 21st, 2019, 4:19 pm

DrLitch wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:Rather late, but here goes nothing.

That is awesome.

Any ideas when PreOrders are going to happen? I nearly never early adopt but what happened with price gouging during the NES/SNES Classic....

It's available to preorder on Amazon now.

Return to “Video Games General”