Looking for a middle person based in the U.S

General and high profile video game topics.
Verm3

Looking for a middle person based in the U.S

Postby Verm3 » July 6th, 2019, 1:22 pm

I'm looking for a middle person based in the U.S who could take receipt of some video games I wish to purchase and then mail them to me in the U.K. Naturally I would pay the shipping costs.

Any tips on how to go about such?

Verm3

Re: Looking for a middle person based in the U.S

Postby Verm3 » July 10th, 2019, 1:08 am

I'm particularly looking for a middle person in the U.S who could take receipt of a loose manual for the 3DO game, Shanghai: Triple threat and post it to me (naturally, I would pay the postage costs and any import charges).

I have everything else for the game (a long box, disc and jewel case inserts), and have found a seller selling a loose manual that would complete my copy of the game. Unfortunately, the seller themselves doesn't ship outside the U.S.

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » July 12th, 2019, 12:54 am

What the heck. I'll help. Something to break up the monotony of my life...

Verm3

Postby Verm3 » July 12th, 2019, 4:11 am

Paul Campbell wrote:What the heck. I'll help. Something to break up the monotony of my life...

I am honoured. I have sent you some details via PM?

Verm3

Postby Verm3 » July 20th, 2019, 12:01 pm

I'm still looking for someone.

I envisage purchasing the games from Ebay and Amazon myself and fully paying for them, including inter U.S shipping costs. Then once all the games have been graciously received by the U.S middle person, I would then pay them directly, to ship them to my address in the U.K in as few packages as possible.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 20th, 2019, 1:44 pm

Is there any particular reason why you can't just buy the stuff yourself?

Verm3

Postby Verm3 » July 20th, 2019, 2:24 pm

I plan to buy and pay for the games myself from Ebay and/or Amazon using my accounts.

The thing is that the sellers of some of the games I wish to purchase either don't ship outside the U.S or charge extremely high postage costs to ship straight to the U.K. Given that they come from different sellers, I would also have to pay postage separately for every game if I got them shipped straight to me.

Hence I seek a middle person based in the U.S, who would be willing to receive all the games on my behalf (i.e I give the above mentioned sellers the middle persons address instead of my own) and combine them into as few packages as possible to ship to me in the U.K. I figure it would be cheaper to send fewer big packages than several smaller ones, even taking into account the addition of inter U.S postage. Naturally, I would pay the middle person what it costs them to send the games to the U.K.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » July 20th, 2019, 4:35 pm

I would NOT condone an arrangement like this because it has the potential of turning into a big ugly mess! What is the middle man getting out of this except for a lot of aggravation?

When I first saw your post, I thought it was going to be a one-time thing. Multiple items? No way.

I order stuff from Europe every now and then, and I don't recall the shipping costs to be that bad. Heck, I've gotten free shipping from Japan!

Voor

Postby Voor » July 20th, 2019, 8:33 pm

Yeah dude, just consider those fees part of the collection trade. Want something exotic? Expect to pay a bit more for it. Good luck though. :)

Verm3

Postby Verm3 » July 21st, 2019, 12:57 am

It would be a one off thing; though it is multiple games (10-17) from multiple sellers.

I would purchase them all together, so they would all arrive at the middle person at around the same time. My request is for the middle person to combine them into a single package for shipping to the U.K. This would be much cheaper than me paying each seller separate postage costs to the U.K. For the extreme, one of the games costs $7 to buy and $25.99 to ship directly to the U.K.

I would be prepared to pay the middle person a small sum for their services if they require such.

Return to “Video Games General”