Konami planing a TurboGrafx-16 Mini!

General and high profile video game topics.
DrLitch

Re: Konami planing a TurboGrafx-16 Mini!

Postby DrLitch » July 21st, 2019, 8:25 pm

ActRaiser wrote:It's available to preorder on Amazon now.

Thank you sir, it is done, hit the button. Also ordered the Genesis mini while I was at it. Wish there was an N64 classic ....

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » July 22nd, 2019, 12:27 am

"And why Alien Crush over the far better Devil's Crush is beyond me"

I totally agree. Now, I think Alien Crush is indeed a pretty decent pinball game in it's own right. But Devil's Crush just has that special something that just sets it apart from every other pinball game that was out at the time. Why, I can still remember seeing the ads for it in various game magazines like Game Players and being completely blown away by what I saw. It's the type of game that screams "BUY ME!!! PLAY ME!!!" It just looked so awesome.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » July 22nd, 2019, 12:29 am

DrLitch wrote:
ActRaiser wrote:It's available to preorder on Amazon now.

Thank you sir, it is done, hit the button. Also ordered the Genesis mini while I was at it. Wish there was an N64 classic ....

I say it's only a matter of time before there is an N64 Classic on the shelves. And hopefully, it'll be as good as the NES and SNES Classics. Time will tell, however....

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » July 22nd, 2019, 1:05 am

Response time:

DrLitch wrote:That is awesome.

Any ideas when PreOrders are going to happen? I nearly never early adopt but what happened with price gouging during the NES/SNES Classic....

Told you so.

lynchie137 wrote:"And why Alien Crush over the far better Devil's Crush is beyond me"

I totally agree. Now, I think Alien Crush is indeed a pretty decent pinball game in it's own right. But Devil's Crush just has that special something that just sets it apart from every other pinball game that was out at the time. Why, I can still remember seeing the ads for it in various game magazines like Game Players and being completely blown away by what I saw. It's the type of game that screams "BUY ME!!! PLAY ME!!!" It just looked so awesome.

True, but then again, Galaga was on NES Classic as the far better Arcade version was re-released to death at that time, Street Fighter II on both the SNES and Genesis Classic/Mini even though better Arcade versions/Ultra Street Fighter 2 on Switch being better then the SNES/Genesis versions and available elsewhere. And PlayStation Classic haveing Battle Arena Toshinden over Soul Blade/Edge!

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » July 22nd, 2019, 8:35 pm

XXXXX Duplicate XXXXX
Last edited by DrLitch on July 23rd, 2019, 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » July 22nd, 2019, 8:36 pm

lynchie137 wrote:I say it's only a matter of time before there is an N64 Classic on the shelves. And hopefully, it'll be as good as the NES and SNES Classics. Time will tell, however....

I hope so too although a lot of the good games on that console were made by Rare. I think Microsoft now own the IP's.
Last edited by DrLitch on July 23rd, 2019, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » July 22nd, 2019, 8:40 pm

DrLitch wrote:
lynchie137 wrote:I say it's only a matter of time before there is an N64 Classic on the shelves. And hopefully, it'll be as good as the NES and SNES Classics. Time will tell, however....

I hope so too although a lot of the good games on that console were made by Rare. I think Microsoft now own the IP's.

Biggest issue I see with any N64 mini is the games. There are lots of great N64 games, but many are tied up in license and right holding limbo. While Zelda and Mario 64 are obvious, other classics like Killer Instinct and DK64 would be a bit trickier. Also games like the Crusin series and Turok series would have issues just finding who owned the rights to the older games.

Oh, and the Star Wars games...

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » July 23rd, 2019, 9:18 pm

MSR1701 wrote:Oh, and the Star Wars games...

Battle for Naboo and Rogue Squadron were two I was thinking of. They were awesome games in the day and had really good graphics at the time. Hope Nintendo can figure something out for an N64 Classic.

Voor

Postby Voor » July 24th, 2019, 8:50 am

Would Goldeneye be a possibility? Seems like that is a must.

By the way, PlayStation classics are going for $30 new....

MSR1701

Postby MSR1701 » July 24th, 2019, 9:06 am

Voor wrote:Would Goldeneye be a possibility? Seems like that is a must.

By the way, PlayStation classics are going for $30 new....

From what I hear, there is a very good reason the Playstation mini is discounted so. Namely, around half of the games run in PAL mode with no option to adjust. Makes playing certain games a pain...

And I highly doubt Goldeneye would make it to an N64 mini due to both Rare and the Bond rights.

Return to “Video Games General”