3DO games not reviewed yet by the VGC

General and high profile video game topics.
nesfan

Re: 3DO games not reviewed yet by the VGC

Postby nesfan » August 15th, 2019, 9:13 pm

goldenband wrote:
nesfan wrote:Well the Atari adult games are more hilarious than arousing. Although to be fair, I've never seen these adult 3DO games. Maybe they're also hilarious.

A guy reviewed all of them on GameFAQs, and the bottom line is that they're generally tacky and un-sexy, and at times even depressing. Most are really video CDs, not games, so they're not even relevant to the site.

I've only seen one, Immortal Desire, which my wife and I watched a few years ago. I don't remember whether it was funny, but it was definitely cheesy and absurd. It certainly wasn't remotely as amusing as Plumbers Don't Wear Ties -- that "game" is amazing.
That sounds interesting. I've never read any reviews on Gamefaqs though. Is it organized in a way that I can see each review by a particular reviewer? And do you remember who this reviewer is?

nesfan

Postby nesfan » August 15th, 2019, 9:14 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:
goldenband wrote:
nesfan wrote:Well the Atari adult games are more hilarious than arousing. Although to be fair, I've never seen these adult 3DO games. Maybe they're also hilarious.

A guy reviewed all of them on GameFAQs, and the bottom line is that they're generally tacky and un-sexy, and at times even depressing. Most are really video CDs, not games, so they're not even relevant to the site.

I've only seen one, Immortal Desire, which my wife and I watched a few years ago. I don't remember whether it was funny, but it was definitely cheesy and absurd. It certainly wasn't remotely as amusing as Plumbers Don't Wear Ties -- that "game" is amazing.

Critic reviewed Plumbers Don't Wear Ties and gave it the rare F- grade and not surprisingly the AVGN reviewed it!
Oh yeah! I've seen both reviews and they're great!

goldenband

Postby goldenband » August 15th, 2019, 9:27 pm

nesfan wrote:That sounds interesting. I've never read any reviews on Gamefaqs though. Is it organized in a way that I can see each review by a particular reviewer? And do you remember who this reviewer is?

Arguro! For a while his reviews were removed, but now they're back:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/community ... ns/reviews

He's a good and witty reviewer.

nesfan

Postby nesfan » August 16th, 2019, 1:10 am

goldenband wrote:Arguro! For a while his reviews were removed, but now they're back:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/community ... ns/reviews

He's a good and witty reviewer.
Thanks! I'll check these out later.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 17th, 2019, 9:59 am

Any more Halloween-friendly games on this list?

goldenband

Postby goldenband » August 18th, 2019, 9:04 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Any more Halloween-friendly games on this list?

Corpse Killer, I suppose, but you've already reviewed that on other systems.

Otherwise, the trio of Alone in the Dark 2, Hell, and Doctor Hauzer are the ones that pop out. Do you need a copy of the Doctor Hauzer fan translation? It's a Japanese-exclusive game and is sort of playable without the language, but having the translation makes a big difference in this kind of game (survival horror).

There are some other creepy, Halloween-appropriate Japanese games that sadly haven't been translated yet, like Hanako-san (the Japanese equivalent of Moaning Myrtle from the Harry Potter books).

Return to “Video Games General”