Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (PS1)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
Herschie

Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (PS1)

Postby Herschie » August 19th, 2019, 9:33 am

Could this be the PS1 adventure game that I've been craving? No, it's not. The controls themselves are wonky, and the control scheme is way too complicated. Maybe I was really spoiled by Zelda, but I finally gave up after trying for the 24th time to swing across a pit in the tutorial stage.

It's too bad because it seems like it could have been fun.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (PS1)

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 19th, 2019, 8:32 pm

Now that is an honest review! LOL

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » August 20th, 2019, 7:23 pm

Yeah, Tomb Raider had a big dropoff in quality after the first 3, and royally sucked before they rebooted it in recent years. Last Revelation is better left forgotten.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 20th, 2019, 9:09 pm

Retro STrife wrote:Yeah, Tomb Raider had a big dropoff in quality after the first 3, and royally sucked before they rebooted it in recent years. Last Revelation is better left forgotten.

Legends is good, Anniversary was ok, and Underworld was kind of meh, and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light was also good, so not all post #3 og era Tomb Raider was bad namily Legends and Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.

Matchstick

Postby Matchstick » August 20th, 2019, 9:36 pm

Oh, Herschie. As Tupac would say, "Keep ya head up." You've got Metal Gear Solid coming in the mail, and if you've never played it before, it's going to knock your socks off. Definitely something to wash the awful Last Revelation taste out of your mouth.

Out of curiosity, why did you decide to go for The Last Revelation, anyway? Weren't you specifically looking for early-era PS1 adventure games in your other posts? I can understand if you got a great deal on the game, but I'm wondering why you decided to go with the fourth game in the series instead of one of the three that came before it. Maybe start with the original Tomb Raider, then go from there?

Then again, The Last Revelation is so bad that I wouldn't even blame you if you swore off the rest of the PS1 Tomb Raider series out of spite. I played it for myself a few years ago on the Dreamcast and had about the same experience you did. 'Nuff said!

Voor

Postby Voor » August 22nd, 2019, 4:47 pm

Let me know how MGS is. I almost picked up a PS Classic the other day for $20 new just for that game. I’ve never played it, but I browsed through a walkthrough video and my first thought was “there are a lot of cutscenes “. Lol

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » August 26th, 2019, 8:26 pm

Tomb Raider the Last Revelation: Is the one where you are introduced to a precocious < 16yo Lara Croft where for some reason she is hanging around with some old man in a tomb? Yeah I remember this game. This is the lousiest and cheapest of all Tomb Raider titles. I felt that number III took far too many instant death liberties but Last Revelation takes the cake. I think it is about even with Angel of Darkness and it is a toss up for me which is the worst Tomb Raider game. I would rather unclog my toilet with my bare hands than play either title now.

Return to “Now Playing”