Favorite Movie Series?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Favorite Movie Series?

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 20th, 2019, 6:49 pm

I'm still holding out hope that this won't be his last one.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » August 20th, 2019, 7:14 pm

I don't watch many movie these days, but you guys inspired me to watch Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I had watched Raiders of the Lost Ark years ago and liked it, but didn't love it, so I never watched the rest of the series. My wife and I both liked Last Crusade, enough that I might revisit Lost Ark.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 20th, 2019, 9:14 pm

My favorite was Temple of Doom, because it was so dark! A guy gets his heart ripped out for Pete's sake!!

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » August 20th, 2019, 10:53 pm

Retro STrife wrote:I don't watch many movie these days, but you guys inspired me to watch Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I had watched Raiders of the Lost Ark years ago and liked it, but didn't love it, so I never watched the rest of the series. My wife and I both liked Last Crusade, enough that I might revisit Lost Ark.

Oh, yeah! Last Crusade was the bees's knees. It's a very close second to me compared to Raiders. Temple and the 4th one are super low on the list and aren't in the same league as Raiders and the Last Crusade. Nice choice.

Breaker

Postby Breaker » August 20th, 2019, 11:45 pm

Last Crusade is my favorite Indy movie... likely because it was the first one I saw. And I was 10 when it came out, which was the perfect age. Raiders is probably a better movie, but "favorite" does not mean "best."

Voor

Postby Voor » August 21st, 2019, 7:03 am

Yeah, last Crusade strikes the perfect balance between adventure and humor. You should also check out Crystal Skull. I know it gets slammed, but I quite like it.

By the way.....

Keanu just signed up for another Matrix!

I still need to see John Wick 3. Comes out on home release next week, so not much longer. Those movies have supposedly gotten better which each one.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 21st, 2019, 9:15 pm

I'm all about the John Wick series because it's like an old-fashioned good-vs-bad kick-ass action flick like they used to make in the 80's.

Voor

Postby Voor » August 22nd, 2019, 4:45 pm

Yeah, the paper thin plot was almost a relief. We don’t need some complicated backstory, just barely enough to set the stage for the surprisingly well executed action.

DotNetWolf

Postby DotNetWolf » September 4th, 2019, 2:15 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I'm all about the John Wick series because it's like an old-fashioned good-vs-bad kick-ass action flick like they used to make in the 80's.

Yes to this! I love all three of these movies, and can't wait to see more (if they decide to make more). I mostly like animated films such as Toy Story, Shrek and anything the comes out from the studio Laika, but if we're talking live-action, it's either Aliens or Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back. Both great sci-fi films that delivered on adrenaline-boosting action, suspense and climatic payoff.

Voor

Postby Voor » September 4th, 2019, 6:23 pm

How was Parabellum? I really wanted to see this in the theater, but wasn’t able to. It’ll be available via redbox next week.

Return to “Other Media”