Looks like the Switch port of Samurai Shodown is going to be a fantastic port.

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

Looks like the Switch port of Samurai Shodown is going to be a fantastic port.

Postby Sonicx9 » August 28th, 2019, 12:59 am

https://nintendoeverything.com/samurai- ... -in-japan/

Why you may ask it 60FPS on Switch a UE4 engine game no less, (sorry MK11 does not count as it older UE3 based tech),at first I was worried after the terrible Switch port of SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy, looks like SNK learned it lesson and for the better, and what also sad is this is a 60FPS UE4 game on Switch, yet the Switch port of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is only 30FPS for a 2.5D sidescroller platformer is just sad and lame. Also after this positive news, all it shows is the Switch ports of SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night where sloppy lazy ports as 60FPS on both of them where more then capable, especially if Samurai Shodown 2019 can hit 60 on Switch so can SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night!

Sonicx9

Re: Looks like the Switch port of Samurai Shodown is going to be a fantastic port.

Postby Sonicx9 » August 28th, 2019, 12:21 pm

Even better: https://mynintendonews.com/2019/08/28/j ... -december/
NEO GEO Pocket Colour emulation announced for Switch. Hopefully this means that Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure gets a re-release as it basically the very first Dimps Sonic game.

BlasteroidAli

Re: Looks like the Switch port of Samurai Shodown is going to be a fantastic port.

Postby BlasteroidAli » August 28th, 2019, 5:04 pm

Fighting games are just boring now. Nothing new in them. So might as well play dead or alive on ps1 as that is as far as they got

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » August 28th, 2019, 9:34 pm

I was just about to buy the PS4 version of this. Should I hold off??

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 28th, 2019, 9:44 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I was just about to buy the PS4 version of this. Should I hold off??

If it comes with all DLC and up to date patches up to that point yes, but also want to see if it all on cart unlike MK11 Switch requiring online for no reason via downloading.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 28th, 2019, 11:32 pm

Updates; DLC not included in port as you still have to pay or free if applied DLC, but might have later patches baked in.: https://gematsu.com/2019/08/samurai-sho ... creenshots

jon

Postby jon » August 31st, 2019, 8:05 am

Wow, that's interesting about the pocket color. I almost got one recently. But if I can play those Metal Slug pocket color games, that would be pretty sweet.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 31st, 2019, 12:27 pm

jon wrote:Wow, that's interesting about the pocket color. I almost got one recently. But if I can play those Metal Slug pocket color games, that would be pretty sweet.

That is cool, in fact this is the first time I ever seen legaul re-release emulation/ports NEO GEO Pocket Colour games, and if it done by the legendary M2, count me in. And would kill if they did that emulator engine for Sonic the Hedgehog Pocket Adventure on Switch as it is the first of the Dimps made Sonic games, and other like Metal Slug would be nice as well.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » September 1st, 2019, 9:27 pm

Is this Samurai Showdown just a port of the first game or a remake? If a port I am sure I have it on a collection somewhere (SNK collection PS2 I am thinking). A remake on the other hand, with redone graphics (maybe in style of Dead or Alive or Tekken 7), I might be interested in it. Samurai Showdown was one of the best fighters to come out the 90's and was one of the few games in the genre that could steal quarters from a Street Fighter 2 arcade cabinet.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » September 1st, 2019, 10:02 pm

DrLitch wrote:Is this Samurai Showdown just a port of the first game or a remake? If a port I am sure I have it on a collection somewhere (SNK collection PS2 I am thinking). A remake on the other hand, with redone graphics (maybe in style of Dead or Alive or Tekken 7), I might be interested in it. Samurai Showdown was one of the best fighters to come out the 90's and was one of the few games in the genre that could steal quarters from a Street Fighter 2 arcade cabinet.

It a new game not related to older games in the series, in fact some fana name it Samurai Shodown 2019 to avoid confusion.

Return to “Modern Gaming”