This is terrible news for those wanting the Switch port of Spyro Reignited Trilogy physical

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

This is terrible news for those wanting the Switch port of Spyro Reignited Trilogy physical

Postby Sonicx9 » August 29th, 2019, 2:52 pm

https://nintendoeverything.com/spyro-re ... on-switch/ It requires a 8.7GB update and unlike the vanelia PS4 and Xbox One versions, this cart is a brick without the update. So it even worse than PS4 and Xbox One physical as they let you play the full Spyro 1 with 2 and 3 being demos unless updated.

After this news I am boycotting this game until they release a complete edition with everything on cart/disc like it should be.

Stalvern

Re: This is terrible news for those wanting the Switch port of Spyro Reignited Trilogy physical

Postby Stalvern » August 29th, 2019, 3:32 pm

Good luck with that.

Sonicx9

Re: This is terrible news for those wanting the Switch port of Spyro Reignited Trilogy physical

Postby Sonicx9 » August 29th, 2019, 3:43 pm

Stalvern wrote:Good luck with that.

Why good luck for that?

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » August 29th, 2019, 4:02 pm

It's not going to happen.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 29th, 2019, 4:14 pm

Stalvern wrote:It's not going to happen.

Well, if you can recall Crash Bandicoot: N Sane Trilogy was a timed PS4 release before going multi console, and the PS4 version has two releases launch version and the 2 bonus levels edition: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmlbGmdomRQ and the later Switch/Xbox One and PC version are based on the later PS4 version with the 2 free DLC and later patches if applied as Switch has no patches as of now.

Even though Spyro Reignited Trilogy has no DLC yet, it can happen given this is Activision, who is no stranger to DLC and doing re-releases with DLC included (mostly code only for the Call of Duty games case.) Heck, I would not be surprised that Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled gets a GOTY version as that game is very DLC/Patch heavy.

Also Sega is Activision main distributor for the Crash Bandicoot games on Switch and later PS4 for Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled case, and being that Spyro Reignited Trilogy is available digitally in Japan with no translation. It possible for Sega to do this on Switch and PS4 a japanese localization with a English dub/text on cart and Disc. But only time will tell.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » August 29th, 2019, 8:36 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:https://nintendoeverything.com/spyro-reignited-trilogy-physical-version-has-a-mandatory-8-7gb-download-on-switch/ It requires a 8.7GB update and unlike the vanelia PS4 and Xbox One versions, this cart is a brick without the update. So it even worse than PS4 and Xbox One physical as they let you play the full Spyro 1 with 2 and 3 being demos unless updated.

After this news I am boycotting this game until they release a complete edition with everything on cart/disc like it should be.

Yeah screw that I do not even think I have 8.7GB spare on my Switch. Sucks. I actually liked Spyro on the PS1 when I was a kid looks like I will stick to emulation of the old games for now....

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 29th, 2019, 10:01 pm

DrLitch wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:https://nintendoeverything.com/spyro-reignited-trilogy-physical-version-has-a-mandatory-8-7gb-download-on-switch/ It requires a 8.7GB update and unlike the vanelia PS4 and Xbox One versions, this cart is a brick without the update. So it even worse than PS4 and Xbox One physical as they let you play the full Spyro 1 with 2 and 3 being demos unless updated.

Yeah screw that I do not even think I have 8.7GB spare on my Switch. Sucks. I actually liked Spyro on the PS1 when I was a kid looks like I will stick to emulation of the old games for now....

Or you can get it on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/9965 ... d_Trilogy/ and because PC is mostly digital anyways it not as big of an issue.

Voor

Postby Voor » August 29th, 2019, 10:24 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:

Why didn’t they do that?

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » August 29th, 2019, 11:05 pm

Voor wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:

Why didn’t they do that?

Same

eneuman96

Postby eneuman96 » August 30th, 2019, 12:37 am

One thing I hate about these download requirements for physical carts is that there are always, without fail, a fair number of people who just shrug it off and say "no big deal, just get another SD card," and there obviously must be enough buyers with this mindset for certain publishers to continue doing this. It's just another way to cut costs by not shelling out for a cartridge that can hold the entire game and making us foot the bill instead. If The Witcher 3 can fit on a Switch cart without requiring this crap, then Activision has no excuse.

That said, Sonicx9, I would recommend that you only reply to other people's posts if you have something constructive to say in response. Just responding to a post with "Same" or basically paraphrasing what someone else already said only clutters up the thread and causes it to be bumped up on the Hot Topics list for no reason.

Return to “Modern Gaming”