2019/9/7: Turbografx-16: New Adventure Island, Camp California (CD)

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2019/9/7: Turbografx-16: New Adventure Island, Camp California (CD)

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 7th, 2019, 3:34 pm

Here are two platformers - one well designed and one poorly designed!
Comments welcome!

Sonicx9

Re: 2019/9/7: Turbografx-16: New Adventure Island, Camp California (CD)

Postby Sonicx9 » September 7th, 2019, 4:12 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Here are two platformers - one well designed and one poorly designed!
Comments welcome!

Good reviews and BTW, if you are not aware the upcoming TurboGrafx-16 Mini from Konami and M2 is going to have New Adventure Island so that already a positive sign. Heck I have a whole topic dedicated to the device over here: https://videogamecritic.com/forums/view ... 84&t=17833 And speaking of M2 with plug and play devices, the soon to be released Sega Genesis Mini is coming out on September 19, 2019 and critic should review that along with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini when he gets the chance depending on how hard it is to get them at launch. And make sure critic buys a Retro-Bit Official Sega Saturn USB Controller: https://www.amazon.com/Retro-Bit-Offici ... 4542317967 for use with the device as it better then the 3 button controller that comes with the system. But I will recommend critic waiting till they add Nintendo Switch support as they are planing to soon which is ideal for 2D games.

mbd36

Postby mbd36 » September 7th, 2019, 4:38 pm

Speaking of Adventure Island, you criticize the NES game for using B to run and toss your weapon, and A to jump. This complaint doesn't make much sense. It's the same controls as Mario and any other configuration would be worse. I assume that New Adventure Island controls the same way as well.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » September 7th, 2019, 5:47 pm

mbd36 wrote:Speaking of Adventure Island, you criticize the NES game for using B to run and toss your weapon, and A to jump. This complaint doesn't make much sense. It's the same controls as Mario and any other configuration would be worse. I assume that New Adventure Island controls the same way as well.

It's a little different because you are using weapons pretty much the entire time in Adventure Island, and you can tap the button to unleash them rapid-fire.

Return to “Review Feedback”