Another incomplete game incoming with half of the content being DLC!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DrLitch

Re: Another incomplete game incoming with half of the content being DLC!

Postby DrLitch » September 8th, 2019, 7:00 pm

Lots of titles on Steam like this. So called Early Access, play while game develops. Never expected console gaming to see this to the same extent.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » September 8th, 2019, 8:18 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:This seems to be a trend. Release a game digitally while you're still adding content and working out the bugs. Then when it's finally complete, release a physical version.

Sounds like the digital people aren't being treated with much respect.

Actually critic to correct you, BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle was actually a day and date digital and Physical release at launch no less.: https://www.gamestop.com/search/?q=Blaz ... ng=default and the original price was $39.99 and the DLC season pass is $19.99 and $8.97 for 3 color packs DLC along with season pass 2 DLC costing around $24.99 which the total price is around $93.94 + 2 free DLC characters is what the vanelia physical version of the game is to get the full experience what a total scam and rip off. Especially when you have the new version with everything included making it the version that should have been sold at launch.: https://www.play-asia.com/blazblue-cros ... /13/70cxm9 and that even worse then releasing a digtal only game first and doing patches and DLC to fix later to be rleased as a complete physical version later on of what the actual game should be after it all done.

DrLitch wrote:Lots of titles on Steam like this. So called Early Access, play while game develops. Never expected console gaming to see this to the same extent.

Nothing new as we have been seeing Early AAAccess physical console games a full price $60 like vanilla Street Fighter V, Star Wars Battlefront 2015, etc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6mRRGOwQjM it a awful practise that should die in a fire.

But on a more positive note, you can have a more complete self contained game at launch like Blade Strangers from Nicalis/Studio Saizensen that actually has content at launch unlike vanilla Street Fighter V which had almost nothing not even a Arcade mode that should have been their from the start. And thankfully the patches that game has are balancing fixes and most importantly adding 3 DLC character nearly a whole year after the game came out 100% for Free FYI.: https://www.destructoid.com/blade-stran ... 4966.phtml heck not even the recent Smash Bros. games do this because lets look at it pricing as it has $24.99 fighter pass and then add $4.99 Piranha Plant DLC then add $11.25 for Mii fighter costumes as of now and the grand total as of the time of wrighting is $41.23 and growing so it better then most namily BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, but it not perfect either as it adds up over time.

Anyways, I am planing on doing a Now Playing first impressions on Blade Strangers when I get the chance as I did recently pick it up on clearance at Best Buy and want to support a a pro consumer modern fighting game that does DLC/LIve Service game elements right as many of the modern fighting games are DLC cash grabs and it shows.

DrLitch

Postby DrLitch » September 9th, 2019, 8:54 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:Nothing new as we have been seeing Early AAAccess physical console games a full price $60 like vanilla Street Fighter V, Star Wars Battlefront 2015, etc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6mRRGOwQjM it a awful practise that should die in a fire.

But on a more positive note, you can have a more complete self contained game at launch like Blade Strangers from Nicalis/Studio Saizensen that actually has content at launch unlike vanilla Street Fighter V which had almost nothing not even a Arcade mode that should have been their from the start. And thankfully the patches that game has are balancing fixes and most ........ elements right as many of the modern fighting games are DLC cash grabs and it shows.

I hear you here. I still have not played SFV and the whole fighting genre has lost it's way. I do not buy games where Season 1 DLC costs 50% the original game. I hate having to buy fighters or nostalgic costumes as well. Even MK X the same. I want to play characters in their original MK2 costumes... cost $20 for that DLC...

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » September 10th, 2019, 12:11 am

DrLitch wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:Nothing new as we have been seeing Early AAAccess physical console games a full price $60 like vanilla Street Fighter V, Star Wars Battlefront 2015, etc: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6mRRGOwQjM it a awful practise that should die in a fire.

But on a more positive note, you can have a more complete self contained game at launch like Blade Strangers from Nicalis/Studio Saizensen that actually has content at launch unlike vanilla Street Fighter V which had almost nothing not even a Arcade mode that should have been their from the start. And thankfully the patches that game has are balancing fixes and most ........ elements right as many of the modern fighting games are DLC cash grabs and it shows.

I hear you here. I still have not played SFV and the whole fighting genre has lost it's way. I do not buy games where Season 1 DLC costs 50% the original game. I hate having to buy fighters or nostalgic costumes as well. Even MK X the same. I want to play characters in their original MK2 costumes... cost $20 for that DLC...

DrLitch, why did you do this ........ from my sentence, it should continue on like this "importantly adding 3 DLC character nearly a whole year after the game came out 100% for Free FYI.: https://www.destructoid.com/blade-stran ... 4966.phtml heck not even the recent Smash Bros. games do this because lets look at it pricing as it has $24.99 fighter pass and then add $4.99 Piranha Plant DLC then add $11.25 for Mii fighter costumes as of now and the grand total as of the time of wrighting is $41.23 and growing so it better then most namily BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, but it not perfect either as it adds up over time.

Anyways, I am planing on doing a Now Playing first impressions on Blade Strangers when I get the chance as I did recently pick it up on clearance at Best Buy and want to support a a pro consumer modern fighting game that does DLC/LIve Service game"

Anyways, back on topic, yes most modern fighting games are DLC cash grabs that can cost just as much, if not more so then the base game at times. Heck I am glad that I picked up Blade Strangers on Switch as that game does DLC the right way 100% free how about that, and the game is rather good as well and if you are a fan of indie game characters from games like 1001 Spikes, Code of Princess, Umihara Kawase, The Binding of Isaac, Doki Doki Poyacchio, and my two personal favorites Azure Striker Gunvolt and Shovel Knight and unlike Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Shovel Knight is playable not an Assist Trophy like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate case. also DrLitch, have you owned/played any of those mentioned franchises in Blade Strangers, it also on PC and PS4 along with Switch, but the Switch port is what I have.

Tron

Postby Tron » September 10th, 2019, 7:12 pm

I buy games like this used once they are dirt cheap. It's almost time for me to buy Call of Duty WWII. I didn't buy it new, because I don't want to be forced to be on the internet.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » September 10th, 2019, 9:37 pm

Tron wrote:I buy games like this used once they are dirt cheap. It's almost time for me to buy Call of Duty WWII. I didn't buy it new, because I don't want to be forced to be on the internet.

True, in fact people can buy their favorite games and systems, but you know when they do right or wrong, but examples of wrong include DLC practise for BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, Early AAAccess physical console games like vanilla Street Fighter V, Star Wars Battlefront 2015, adding microtransactions/loot boxes post game launch like recent Call of Duty games, Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled, games that require day 1 internet to get the full game working like recent Call of Duty games and Spyro Reignited Trilogy, etc.

And speaking of which should I do a Modern Gaming topic on most pro and anti consumer moder games namely late life 7th Gen and 8th Gen onward as that when many of the anti consumer games started coming in and I will give examples why it pro and/or anti consumer?

Return to “Modern Gaming”