Will you miss Game Stop

General and high profile video game topics.
Herschie

Re: Will you miss Game Stop

Postby Herschie » September 20th, 2019, 2:37 pm

Retro STrife wrote::!: More fallout from the GameStop financial issues...

Back toward the top of this thread, I mentioned that one of my biggest concerns with GameStop failing would be the downfall of Game Informer magazine. It's one of the few print magazines you can still find for modern video games - and it's owned by GameStop and, frankly, it probably couldn't survive without GameStop pushing subscriptions and needing the magazine for its own marketing. It's not a perfect mag, but it's still pretty good and I enjoy reading through it.

Anyway, I just got my newest issue and they announced that 7 writers were laid off due to the company downsizing. Yikes... That has to be a good chunk of the staff. I wonder how much that will effect the magazine quality and what it means for the future.

Honestly, I personally quit reading it anyway. I'd get a magazine, give it a quick glance, and that's it. A few months later my wife starts nagging me about all the old magazines I have lying around.

Marriott_Guy

Re: Will you miss Game Stop

Postby Marriott_Guy » September 20th, 2019, 4:39 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Well at Target you gotta get somebody to open the case, and that guy is either helping somebody else or nowhere to be found.

That is just poor management. I bet you Danny "Bonesaw" O'Sullivan wouldn't allow that stuff to happen on his watch :)

Return to “Video Games General”